Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
We are getting closer and quite frankly I’d rather have the home game advantage. Go Pens for today only.

Well… I would preferred that but it’s not gonna happen. Although it looks like Malkin scored just after the whistle so it is what it is. I’ll take Boston beating Pittsburgh in regulation vs them losing in a 3 point game

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I've wondered how deteriorated the relationship was with players and Cassidy there at the end. All coaches have a shelf life, but at the end of last year it looked like Bergeron was retiring, Krejci would never be heard from again, and DeBrusk wanted to be traded. Cassidy gets fired and Krejci comes back, Bergeron doesn't retire and DeBrusk doesn't want to be traded any longer.

Sweeney and Neely pretty much said the relationship had soured between him and the players.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Glad he mentioned it. The ads don’t seem as prominent since opening days but they still are distracting and in particular I didn’t like the large ads behind our goals versus the devils.

Bettman short term gain could longer term lose viewers (of course what does he care, he’ll be retired by then).

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I've wondered how deteriorated the relationship was with players and Cassidy there at the end. All coaches have a shelf life, but at the end of last year it looked like Bergeron was retiring, Krejci would never be heard from again, and DeBrusk wanted to be traded. Cassidy gets fired and Krejci comes back, Bergeron doesn't retire and DeBrusk doesn't want to be traded any longer.

Sweeney and Neely pretty much said the relationship had soured between him and the players.
This is part of the reason I’m not scared of them. This initial period of them loving playing for the new coach will wear off. As will Ullmark’s hot streak. They are peaking way too soon and I doubt they come out of the Atlantic come playoff time.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Glad he mentioned it. The ads don’t seem as prominent since opening days but they still are distracting and in particular I didn’t like the large ads behind our goals versus the devils.

Bettman short term gain could longer term lose viewers (of course what does he care, he’ll be retired by then).

Count me among those who’ve barely noticed them since opening night.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
This is part of the reason I’m not scared of them. This initial period of them loving playing for the new coach will wear off. As will Ullmark’s hot streak. They are peaking way too soon and I doubt they come out of the Atlantic come playoff time.
Re peaking too soon: that’s what fan bases are saying about us too. However, we are younger and this year just feels different than last year with a better mid year pickup coming (patches versus Domi).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad