Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Zegras is really good regardless.

Anaheim is going to waste his ELC, pay him 10+ mill a year and still suck. What happened to them? I will blame it on their re-branding abomination (yes, I realize they won the Cup after, but they sold their soul to the devil). Even if they wanted to move away from the Mighty Ducks, they made literally the worst re-brand ever.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
amazing how many close calls there are. My worst close call was a teammate's stick blade went inside the cage of my helmet. if I didn't grab the stick and tell him don't move, would have carved up my face.
When I was I think 13 I caught a skate under my shin guard. Didn’t notice until after the game taking my equipment off. Not a pretty sight. My coach coming over and yelling “OH GOD!” was not at all comforting. As far as skate cuts go it wasn’t anything super serious, 6 stitches and out 2 weeks.

Since that day though I always wear my hockey socks over the tounge of my skates and the Kevlar socks.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just saw someone on the main board suggest that Miller’s victim may not have even understood the racism he was being subjected to because of his developmental disabilities.

The main board never ceases to amaze. Yikes.

Oh yeah I mean that fact definitely makes it worse as you're doing this to a kid that doesn't fully understand what is goi.....

Wait.

The main board was saying this was a reason why it wasn't a big deal, weren't they?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Getting their money's worth..good for Dougie

Still a bad contract in the long run but glad to see he's doing well right now. Not sold on the Devils but I always liked Dougie here. And I'd much prefer the Devils stay good instead of the Rags, Pens, Caps...

Canes, Devils, Islanders, Flyers being the playoff teams from the Metro would be ideal (or just 3 of those including us)

Tusks Up

Aug 14, 2022
Still a bad contract in the long run but glad to see he's doing well right now. Not sold on the Devils but I always liked Dougie here. And I'd much prefer the Devils stay good instead of the Rags, Pens, Caps...

Canes, Devils, Islanders, Flyers being the playoff teams from the Metro would be ideal (or just 3 of those including us)
What makes it a bad contract? They can pretty easily move it in the last 2-3 years, most contracts nowadays after UFA are for the first 4-6 years

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
So how did the Bruins get under the cap with all their players coming back?

Also, pretty crazy I thought Marchand and MacAvoy were going to be out for over half the season. Bruins are still a wagon. They'll fall off a bit at some point and I'm curious how that will shake out.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Also, pretty crazy I thought Marchand and MacAvoy were going to be out for over half the season. Bruins are still a wagon. They'll fall off a bit at some point and I'm curious how that will shake out.
They put Forbot on LTIR and sent Reilly to the minors.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Their older core will not hold up come playoff time. If we are top 3 in Metro and they are top 3 in Atlantic I really can't see them winning 2 rounds and meeting us in the conference finals, so only mildly concerned about them if one of us drops to a wildcard and we get them in round 1 but that seems unlikely.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Not sure if you’ve watched them this year so far - but what I saw last night was an extremely fast team. Their transition game is really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad