GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
Had a peruse on CP the other day.

I had a good chuckle when I read that the season the flames are having is a statistical anomaly. They really still think they have an elite team over there. Its absolute gold.

They honestly think that throwing 40 garbage perimeter shots at the opposing teams goalie is indicative of them being a talented group or something. But hey, they have the most one goal losses in the NHL or something. That's good, right?

The team cannot finish, their goalies are no good, their defense is no good, their coach is an old dinosaur that can't string two sentences together let alone coach in todays NHL.

Think about this. There is the potential for McDavid to have 100 more points than Huberdeau this season.

There is going to be 2 million dollars separating these two players. Its absolutely wild and I love it.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer group of fans.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Had a peruse on CP the other day.

I had a good chuckle when I read that the season the flames are having is a statistical anomaly. They really still think they have an elite team over there. Its absolute gold.

They honestly think that throwing 40 garbage perimeter shots at the opposing teams goalie is indicative of them being a talented group or something. But hey, they have the most one goal losses in the NHL or something. That's good, right?

The team cannot finish, their goalies are no good, their defense is no good, their coach is an old dinosaur that can't string two sentences together let alone coach in todays NHL.

Think about this. There is the potential for McDavid to have 100 more points than Huberdeau this season.

There is going to be 2 million dollars separating these two players. Its absolutely wild and I love it.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer group of fans.

Even post game last night Dumbassmus Andersson described the Flames as “dominating the game, but still not winning.” Saw a few comments including from Sutter about how they “liked their compete.”

I don’t know what game they were watching or where the bar is for “compete” in Calgary, but that looked pretty clearly like a lethargic shitty effort to me.

Love how Francis chased everyone down to ask why the Flames “play down” to non-playoff opponents. As usual Sutter was the only one with a sane answer - “well we aren’t a playoff team either so…” :laugh:

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
At the start of the year, I heard so much about how Calgary with all their turnover, was going to be a BETTER team. Better than their record setting, division winning team from last year. Before he even played a game for Calgary, flames fans over on Conspiracy Puck were touting Weeger as a potential Norris winner. Gonna score even more goals with Herrberrderr setting up all their snipers. Treliving is a God and in Sutter we trust, yadda yadda yadda.
Now they look to finish just outside the playoff picture tied to boat anchor contracts for middle age players, no blue chip prospects, and ownership that is committed to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Wish I could feel sorry for them. But of course, it's some hilarious shit. Enjoy, Flames fans.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
The Flames this summer.
912510.jpg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Even post game last night Dumbassmus Andersson described the Flames as “dominating the game, but still not winning.” Saw a few comments including from Sutter about how they “liked their compete.”

I don’t know what game they were watching or where the bar is for “compete” in Calgary, but that looked pretty clearly like a lethargic shitty effort to me.

Love how Francis chased everyone down to ask why the Flames “play down” to non-playoff opponents. As usual Sutter was the only one with a sane answer - “well we aren’t a playoff team either so…” :laugh:
Sutter just throwing darts at his own team and GM. He's a pretty funny guy at the end of the day.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Man the hosts of 960 were ripping into the Flames real good in the post game show last night. Certainly worth staying up late to hear lol.

They are right where all of us want them to be. Not in a playoff spot and not low enough in the standings to have any real shot at Bedard. Perpetual mediocrity for years to come after we punted them last year. Excellent.

That new Huberdeau contact is going to be like a mega dump truck without wheels. Completely immovable, useless, and a massive waste of space. :wg:

Reactions: Oilhawks and belair

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At the start of the year, I heard so much about how Calgary with all their turnover, was going to be a BETTER team. Better than their record setting, division winning team from last year. Before he even played a game for Calgary, flames fans over on Conspiracy Puck were touting Weeger as a potential Norris winner. Gonna score even more goals with Herrberrderr setting up all their snipers. Treliving is a God and in Sutter we trust, yadda yadda yadda.
Now they look to finish just outside the playoff picture tied to boat anchor contracts for middle age players, no blue chip prospects, and ownership that is committed to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Wish I could feel sorry for them. But of course, it's some hilarious shit. Enjoy, Flames fans.
The amount of abuse I took this summer criticizing the Kadri and Huberdeau signings...

They were at the very least due a 30 goal regression on their previous season's GF. It's actually much worse.

I know it's difficult hearing it from the fan of a close rival, but take a step back. That team is built really poorly. A core of players heading into their 30s, very few actual goalscorers and a severe lack of true elite talent. Surprise! You're a bubble team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The amount of abuse I took this summer criticizing the Kadri and Huberdeau signings...

They were at the very least due a 30 goal regression on their previous season's GF. It's actually much worse.

I know it's difficult hearing it from the fan of a close rival, but take a step back. That team is built really poorly. A core of players heading into their 30s, very few actual goalscorers and a severe lack of true elite talent. Surprise! You're a bubble team.

I figured they’d be a bit better defensively but struggle offensively. The 2 main offensive drivers left coupled with career year regression from all their top scorers and an over-reliance on Markstrom to steal hockey games would have them miss the playoffs.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Considering he still thinks lunch pail hockey wins in this league, ownership might just clean the whole entire house.

I think ownership might be enamoured with the Sutter way and want him running the whole show. They are a frugal bunch so paying Sutter to do Trelivings job might make sense for them.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Had a quick glance over at the Flames game day thread for last nights game and chuckled to see this:
View attachment 667046
As a Cowtown resident I can tell you that the game last night has led some to call for heads on spikes as early as this morning. One head looks like Tre, the other seems to vaguely resemble Sutter.

Sutter has long been the Billy Martin of the NHL. He comes in and shakes the team up which results in an uptick but his demeanor starts to wear thin soon enough and then he is shown the door.

As for Tre, well if I was Edwards I would have no problem in firing him but I note that his contract is up in a few months anyway. Those panic moves just didn't make sense. He has handicapped his team for a decade.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad