GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leopoldbstotch

Feb 17, 2023
Was reading the Facebook (lols) comments in the end game post and someone was going on about how just a couple tweaks with them scoring 1 more goal per game and they would lead the division...LOL

"If my aunt had balls" and all that

You can’t make this shit up lol. The media thinks all they need is a top 6 RW, because offence. Nevermind the fact that Puberdeau has what 13 goals? (I didn’t bother to check). Yah that’s all you guys need…

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Was reading the Facebook (lols) comments in the end game post and someone was going on about how just a couple tweaks with them scoring 1 more goal per game and they would lead the division...LOL

"If my aunt had balls" and all that
They get away with so many non calls , it ridiculous...blatant out and out trips tonight and the refs just look away... hope these loosers like to golf alot .

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Barrie seems to have had a bit of a rough go in his first Preds game. Anyone have any better sens of how he played?

he played almost 22 min tonight but was a -1 in a 2-1 win.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You can’t make this shit up lol. The media thinks all they need is a top 6 RW, because offence. Nevermind the fact that Puberdeau has what 13 goals? (I didn’t bother to check). Yah that’s all you guys need…

It was yet another game where you could have told me half way through the 3rd period that Huberdeau wasn’t playing and I would have believed you. Completely unnoticeable in every way, a zero impact player.

His extension could be the worst deal in the NHL. Summer of Brad!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Calgary feels done at this point. Even if the teams ahead of the Flames only went Bettman-.500 the rest of the way, they'd still need 94 points to get in, which would require them to scoop 27 out of 40 remaining available points. Winnipeg suddenly falling apart appears to be the last lifeline Calgary might have. That will be the downside to us hopefully beating them twice this weekend, so the Jets will need to straighten things out right after.
I'd gladly take two overtime wins against the Jets, hell I'd even settle for an overtime win and overtime loss...each team gets 3 more points ahead of Calgary.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I feel like there should be a poll. What officially broke the Calgary Flames? The rap video? Or the McDavid game 5 OT goal?

I'm honestly leaning towards the rap video... 🤣

There's a few breaking points for me:

* First off was Game 2 where the Flames went full Oiler and choked another multi-goal lead late in the 3rd at home.

Yes, they technically choked worse in Game 1, but were saved by both Smith and Koskinen having off nights. With Game 2, the Flames blew a shot at going up 2-0 in the series. The Oilers were in their heads rent-free from then on.

* Second was the no-goal call against Coleman late in Game 5. The worst part for Calgary was that the puck was about to cross the line on its own without help from Coleman; just that one decision to turn the skate changed everything and ultimately negated Game 6 - which was only about 5-6 minutes away from being a sure thing IIRC.

* Then in the off-season, you obviously have Gaudreau and Tkachuk both leaving at the same time.

IMO that's a blow on the level of Pronger being traded in 2006; not only do you lose two of your best scorers, but the team chemistry and morale takes a major hit.

* And of course, the panic move by Treliving to lock down Huberdeau and Kadri in order to save face. Enough said.

TLDR; death by a thousand cuts.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I feel like there should be a poll. What officially broke the Calgary Flames? The rap video? Or the McDavid game 5 OT goal?

Just when I thought that was buried in the deepest recesses of my memories, you had to bring it up. :laugh:

Good Lord Almighty, I get the cringe shudders just thinking about it, let alone from watching it-lol.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I recall those four days this past summer. Then the season started, his star player had to take an in game crap, his coach humiliated him, and the team went down the shitter from there. Good times. Hopefully they bring the whole gang back year for another crack at it.
Sutter ruined Markstrom's confidence early when he decided to start Vladar against the Oilers in October
the seed of doubt was planted early

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

giphy.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Calgary is pretty much done. Being 6 points better than Winnipeg the rest of the way would realistically require 14-15 wins in 20 games. That's Boston Bruins territory.

Nashville has 2-3 games in hand so they've got a fools chance at going on a run but they're also on life support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad