GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Very nice scoreboard tonight. Our division is like easy mode this year so far
Too bad the Oilers aren't taking advantage of it. As I posted in the PGT yesterday, the Bruins are (now) 13-1-0 against the bottom 8 teams. I'm using them as a comparison because I feel this is where the Oilers should be at this point in the 97/29 era.

The Oilers are 10-4-5 against the same teams so even if they cashed in on half those points they missed out on (I'll round up to 7 since it's 13), they'd be almost a lock for a playoff spot but yet they're again relying on other teams to help control their fate with 22 games left.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Too bad the Oilers aren't taking advantage of it. As I posted in the PGT yesterday, the Bruins are (now) 13-1-0 against the bottom 8 teams. I'm using them as a comparison because I feel this is where the Oilers should be at this point in the 97/29 era.

The Oilers are 10-4-5 against the same teams so even if they cashed in on half those points they missed out on (I'll round up to 7 since it's 13), they'd be almost a lock for a playoff spot but yet they're again relying on other teams to help control their fate with 22 games left.
The Leafs are another team that sucks against the bottom teams. What's funny is that we are very similar, especially on D and G.

Basically that makes a team into a bit of a flake

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Welp at least the kings and kraken lost tonight.

Woo three game homestand. We are so good at home….
Sigh

Let’s go boys!! The time to get your head out of your ass is now :)

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It just feels like our team is just screwing everything up but we never have to pay for it. It feels nice but at the same time I wonder if our standing is for real
I think this is largely a distortion of a cap era 82 game a season league. Parity is there and attrition is there. Its impossible for clubs, especially western Canadian clubs to play every game hard. So much trouble, schedule difficulties. We're within mere pts of being top in the west. The East is easier to play in for some of the reasons I mention.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Welp at least the kings and kraken lost tonight.

Woo three game homestand. We are so good at home….
Sigh

Let’s go boys!! The time to get your head out is f your ass is now
Thankfully our entire division has horrible goaltending. LV may be best with their very average duo.
It’s certainly helping keep us in the race for top 1-3

Reactions: bellagiobob

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

bb20-big-brother.gif

Good grief.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton

Did they expect Thomas to say “this guy is F ing terrible!” It would be like one of the Oilers Calling out Campbell. I know it does happen see Mact saying he didn’t trust Dubnyk or ever Sutter post game presser…

bb20-big-brother.gif

Good grief.

Where is all the Matthews production is all because of Marner arguements? Can we pull a Heatley being known as “50 in 07” by probably Leaf’s fans to begin with to Matthews being “60 in 22”?…

Reactions: TGOSnipes99

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
For those wondering about these EDM/CGY back to backs. Calgary gets the second half of an Alberta trip NINE TIMES while Edmonton gets the second half just twice.

Calgary
Ana Apr 1-2
bos Feb 27-28
Det Feb 15-16
Fla Nov 28-29
Nyi Jan 5-6
Nyr Feb 17-18
Pit Oct 24-25
Stl Dec 15-16
Tor Mar 1-2

Edmonton
Phi Feb 20-21
Sjs Apr 12-13 (last game of the year)

Notably 8 of the 16 EC teams do their Alberta trip this way and 7 of them play Calgary second. That's just horrendously biased scheduling.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Canucks with another of couple useless point lol
They rise to the occasion when there is nothing on the line

For those wondering about these EDM/CGY back to backs. Calgary gets the second half of an Alberta trip NINE TIMES while Edmonton gets the second half just twice.

Calgary
Ana Apr 1-2
bos Feb 27-28
Det Feb 15-16
Fla Nov 28-29
Nyi Jan 5-6
Nyr Feb 17-18
Pit Oct 24-25
Stl Dec 15-16
Tor Mar 1-2

Edmonton
Phi Feb 20-21
Sjs Apr 12-13 (last game of the year)

Notably 8 of the 16 EC teams do their Alberta trip this way and 7 of them play Calgary second. That's just horrendously biased scheduling.
They get Boston Tom and Toronto on a back to back after us too

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Here's something that crossed my mind: if a coach or player rips the officials, they get fined pretty hard. Then you have Brad Marchand calling three NHL cities down and provoking players to skip the ASG if it's played in Detroit, Edmonton or Seattle and all Bettman has to say is "Everyone has an opinion".

He's openly disparaging the league, that should be a $5K fine in my opinion.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Here's something that crossed my mind: if a coach or player rips the officials, they get fined pretty hard. Then you have Brad Marchand calling three NHL cities down and provoking players to skip the ASG if it's played in Detroit, Edmonton or Seattle and all Bettman has to say is "Everyone has an opinion".

He's openly disparaging the league, that should be a $5K fine in my opinion.

Bettman is a massively out of touch assclown that is killing the game. He gets too much leeway because he “saved” franchises from relocation once upon a time

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Bettman is a massively out of touch assclown that is killing the game. He gets too much leeway because he “saved” franchises from relocation once upon a time
How is he killing the game? Seems like the NHL is plugging along pretty well for a niche sport. Most of the stuff people blame him for(refs, on ice product, board ads) are things he probably doesn't personally manage.

He also gets the leeway he gets because he took a poorly run league suffering from scandal after scandal while paralyzed by an extremely fractious collective ownership group, and in just over a decade consolidated the owners to the point that they were able to break the NHLPA(twice) and implement the 2nd most restrictive CBA in NA pro sports(hard to beat the NFL's non-guaranteed contracts which they gained back into the 70s or something, Eagleson was too busy ripping everyone off to think of doing something like that). All the while implementing the collective owner's vision for a greatly expanded league, massive revenue gains, and league wide parity and cost certainty.

I can imagine the only people he has to answer to are quite happy with the job he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad