GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Robert is now on live he starts off so soft spoken and level headed

Then he slowly gears up and starts going off lol

I always wondered what he looks like. I don't know if he is drinking everytime he calls or he just sounds like this lol just starts rambling

Common paddy. Does anybody know what's going on paddy?!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I don't even think they're that interested in being in the 2-3 spot in the division. They f*** it up every time they get in and then get bumped back down to a Wild Card. Like if Seattle wins either one of their next two games, the Oilers are back out. No killer instinct to want to stay in there.
Still a lot of games to go. I’m more confident in our team down the stretch than Seattle. Calgary isn’t even going to make it. Seattle still has every single mark of an overachiever. Bad special teams, mediocre goaltending, bunch of guys having career years, no real injury troubles. It might last all year it’s just I feel it’s less likely than us getting healthy and finishing strong. This next stretch is tough but after that it’s really not.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They've had like what? 20 chances this year to catch Vegas. They're not interested in catching Vegas.
Nobody is interested in taking the lead and running with it in both divisions of the conference. All the top teams are at about the same level.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm a little surprised Nashville pulled the plug already. They have a top goalie in Saros that can steal games and the teams ahead of them for that last wild card spot (Calgary/Minnesota) have been anything but consistent this season. They have games in hand and a few wins in a row and they'd be right back in the chase with 20+ games to play.

Probably good that they do pull the plug though because if they are sellers... that means more players on the market which likely makes it even more of a buyer's market and the prices get lower for the Oilers to acquire players as well.

Of course Ken "Rip van Winkle" Holland does have to wake up at some stage as well in order to take advantage of any deals in this "buyer's market".

Reactions: McDoused

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I'm a little surprised Nashville pulled the plug already. They have a top goalie in Saros that can steal games and the teams ahead of them for that last wild card spot (Calgary/Minnesota) have been anything but consistent this season. They have games in hand and a few wins in a row and they'd be right back in the chase with 20+ games to play.

Probably good that they do pull the plug though because if they are sellers... that means more players on the market which likely makes it even more of a buyer's market and the prices get lower for the Oilers to acquire players as well.

Of course Ken "Rip van Winkle" Holland does have to wake up at some stage as well in order to take advantage of any deals in this "buyer's market".
They have been mediocre for a while now, just scraping into playoffs to get smoked or not making it at all. They are smarter than Calgary, time to rebuild.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Thompson with a snipe goal and a post already in the first - putting Matthews to shame.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

I would say its a reality check that the team just isn't any good and hasn't been able to put a run together all season. They have as many losses as Wins. They have 4 games in hand on Calgary and 3 on Minny. But they have to pass BOTH to make it. Minny are 8pts ahead of them. Its not realistic to expect to make up that stagger and it rarely occurs in the cap era. Even if Nashville won their next 8 games in a row and Minny continued at their season long pace Minnesota would still be tied with them. Thats the kind of magnitude it would take for Nashville to crawl back in race. Even at that they would have nothing guaranteed. They would just be in the mix. But it ain't happening. Thats a remote chance.

Next, If Kings win today Flames have nil chance of claiming a Divisional spot. They will be reduced to WC only participation. While these are not mathematical eliminated from those spots realistically they are.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Playoff contender Flames down to 56% to make the playoffs on The Athletic
Its incredible even how much that prob is wrong. How would the flames, out of a playoff spot have a greater than half chance of making playoffs when they are multiple pts out of it?

Is this another dumb modeling/simulation thing or are they calculating actual numerical probability? because the latter wouldn't add up to 56%

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Its incredible even how much that prob is wrong. How would the flames, out of a playoff spot have a greater than half chance of making playoffs when they are multiple pts out of it?

Is this another dumb modeling/simulation thing or are they calculating actual numerical probability? because the latter wouldn't add up to 56%

It's all about spin and marketing to appeal to their fan base. We all know they need a new rink and Gary has been pushing for a deal to get done. The public in Calgary won't get behind it if the team sucks and they stop drawing crowds. Pulling all the stops now to keep local interest in them but it's failing :laugh:.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Columbus never met a lead it liked

Yup, if Skinner was in net to start the Oilers probably get at least a start. I don’t actually blame Woody for starting Campbell because you probably figure of all teams he should be able to handle that, but he should have yanked him by the 3rd GA.

Reactions: BlackDogg

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Jets free falling. Lost 5 reg games in their past six. Cgy is 5 behind them. Love to see it lol. Don't want cgy to make it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad