Around the League, 2024-25

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
As opposed to two years of Gus?

Yes to 3 years of Ghost, a million times over, yes.

Well it'd be $1.2 million over actually because that's how much more Ghost's contract is. Gus has had a rough start but no thank you to 3 years of Ghost.

Ghost is off to a hot start but I'm guessing he won't maintain 25% shooting percentage. And Gus should get better as he adjusts to the team. But even if Gus sits in the press box, not having Ghost out there will cost the team some goals but should help them keep the puck out of their own net, which has been their biggest problem.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
3.2 million for a 56 pt D man for 3 years is a bargain. Our PP was top 10 last year with that guy.

Much better than 2 million for 2 years of a guy who has helped make our PP bottom 5 in the league, and he isn't helping at all in keeping pucks out of the net, or keeping his sorry ass out of the penalty box.

Look, maybe Gus turns it around, but that is just copium talk right now. The play on the ice says one guy is pretty good and the other guy is awful.

Reactions: raymond23

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Ghost was awful defensively and honestly I wanted Seider or Ed to take his PP minutes.

I also don't think when they were talking to ghost it was that cheap. He signed around 4pm on free agency so probably wasn't getting the big offers he expected.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
yeah, I have no real interest in Ghost being back and watching Gus...eh.
Yeah, we have no idea on how negotiations went down with Ghost, he was likely looking for a raise from his last year's contract and term from SY, once Stevie said no thank you before July 1, I suspect Ghost took the best deal he could with a contender, the deal Ghost signed with the Caines may not have even been extended to the wings, we just don't know.

Not that Gus tickles my fancy at all, but a 2 year deal is easier to manage as yutes start to arrive and plugs depart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad