Is Ottawa good?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Many people (myself included) thought hiring Travis Green was a bad idea. We're only 6 games in, but they've beaten teams like Florida, Tampa and Utah (who have had a good start themselves). This is all without Ullmark as their starting goalie, who has been out since their first game IIRC.

Are they going to make the playoffs? The east is a bloodbath, and the atlantic is a tough divison. Are they going to finally put it together this year?
No, they’re not good and won’t make the playoffs. Fun to watch though because they play fire wagon hockey. Their game isn’t stout enough to make the playoffs in that division.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
No, they’re not good and won’t make the playoffs. Fun to watch though because they play fire wagon hockey. Their game isn’t stout enough to make the playoffs in that division.
So as a said in a previous comment, i am remaining cautiously optimistic until after a dozen games or so before drawing any type of conclusion, but this statement is incorrect. Our defensive game has been good in the early parts of the season and even last season we were average. we had better defensive metrics than Boston. We just happened to have the worst goaltending while they had the best tandem.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Like good, should be either a team in the playoffs, or just outside, similar to Detroit this past season ?

Should be.

Their issue last year was goaltending. They went out and got a goalie, who's played 2 of their 6(?) Games and Ottawa is 4-2.

I'd say Green is helping Ottawa be better.

If DJ Smith was their coach and no Ullmark they probably don't win a game without him during this stretch where Forsberg is 3-1 I believe.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The first month basically means nothing, lots of bad teams come out hot, lots of good teams come out cold. We will see how it shakes out
I mostly agree with you, but this year, in particular, Ottawa is different. For the last five years or so, they have been out of the playoffs by American Thanksgiving. Getting off to a good start is a must for Ottawa.

With that said...jinx thread is a jinx!

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I’m not surprised tbh. Said multiple times in the Atlantic thread that they were the one team below the ever present top 4 that could make the jump. Think they take a WC spot.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So as a said in a previous comment, i am remaining cautiously optimistic until after a dozen games or so before drawing any type of conclusion, but this statement is incorrect. Our defensive game has been good in the early parts of the season and even last season we were average. we had better defensive metrics than Boston. We just happened to have the worst goaltending while they had the best tandem.
Disagree. The Sens are too easy to play against. That’s not a goalie problem. That’s the club not being stout.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Should be interesting. Potentially 5 teams who could have 100 points in the Atlantic. A really good team is going to miss.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Disagree. The Sens are too easy to play against. That’s not a goalie problem. That’s the club not being stout.
There's nothing to disagree with. The numbers show our defensive game has been good this season (so far, small sample size) and average last year but awful goaltending let us down.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There's nothing to disagree with. The numbers show our defensive game has been good this season (so far, small sample size) and average last year but awful goaltending let us down.
The thread title doesn’t ask that. “Is Ottawa Good?”
No they’re not. Because they’re not stout enough defensively. It’s a very tough division. So no playoffs.
Leafs
Florida
Boston
Tampa
Wings
Sabres
Sens
Habs
That’s how I see the division ending up. Finishing 7 out of 8 isn’t good.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Have already seen line changes that has worked wonders after a rocky start for some guys
Green will also keep making line changes when things are working. You haven't yet seen how incompetent this moron is, but you will. He's been a massive problem everywhere he's been and simply isn't qualified to coach professionals.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think the Sens are bubble team if there's a balance between positives and negatives. If the goaltending somehow plays fantastic, then I definitely see the Sens as a playoff team.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
They addressed their biggest weakness in the off-season in goal, and I liked the Jensen add on the right side.

By which I mean to say that yes, they're clearly a juggernaut that will dominate the division and the conference this year, and there is no chance, zero, bupkis, that anything could possibly go wrong to derail their season.

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
Tyler Kleven looks like a player tho. Once we get Zub back that’s a really solid group of defencemen. Sure u will still get the occasional Chabot and Hamonic blunders

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
We have this thread every year lmfaoooo.

One of these years it will finally hit and someone is gonna go like "I TOLD YOU SO" :laugh:
Told who so? Has anyone in this thread said that Ottawa is good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad