Around the League - 2024-2025

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
For those who didn't know Seattle hired a female assistant coach.

The number of close ups she gets every game you'd think she was the head coach. I'm not complaining because she's a lot easier on the eye than Bylsma. I'm just surprised the novelty hasn't worn off yet is all.

I don't think Ovechkin will break Gretzky's record.

The power play doesn't run through him anymore. He's more like the option of last resort now. For those who think it's a given just remember Gretzky himself only scored nine goals his last year in the league.

Calgary is doing better now that Treliving is gone while the Leafs are doing worse since his arrival.

Our favourite team of softies took a step backwards last year and are off to an even crummier start this year. The fans are already booing Marner and throwing jersey's on the ice. Maybe they should fire Marc Savard and hire Lady Ga Ga instead.

The special teams couldn't possibly be any worse.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For those who didn't know Seattle hired a female assistant coach.

The number of close ups she gets every game you'd think she was the head coach. I'm not complaining because she's a lot easier on the eye than Bylsma. I'm just surprised the novelty hasn't worn off yet is all.

I don't think Ovechkin will break Gretzky's record.

The power play doesn't run through him anymore. He's more like the option of last resort now. For those who think it's a given just remember Gretzky himself only scored nine goals his last year in the league.

Calgary is doing better now that Treliving is gone while the Leafs are doing worse since his arrival.

Our favourite team of softies took a step backwards last year and are off to an even crummier start this year. The fans are already booing Marner and throwing jersey's on the ice. Maybe they should fire Marc Savard and hire Lady Ga Ga instead.

The special teams couldn't possibly be any worse.

In keeping with the moment, my guess it was a fake jersey in response to a fake effort?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The Pens just sent Jarry down to the AHL. Dubas signed him to a 5 x 5.375 contract. Man this guy knows goalies!
I am not defending Dubas but goalies are very tough to figure out for every GM.

You need to get lucky drafting it seems more than anything.

Guys look good for a year then fall off, guys come out of nowhere.

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am not defending Dubas but goalies are very tough to figure out for every GM.

You need to get lucky drafting it seems more than anything.

Guys look good for a year then fall off, guys come out of nowhere.
And yet he got it wrong every time. Also, I recall before Jarry was re-upped hearing he was a sketchy long term commitment.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
And yet he got it wrong every time. Also, I recall before Jarry was re-upped hearing he was a sketchy long term commitment.

I don't think Cambell amd Andersen were terrible, and I don't really know who else was available instead.

Murray and Samsonov sure seemed like a shot in the dark.

The term on the Jarry contract was stupid for sure.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't think Cambell amd Andersen were terrible, and I don't really know who else was available instead.

Murray and Samsonov sure seemed like a shot in the dark.

The term on the Jarry contract was stupid for sure.
He never solved the net here, and now he's doing it again in Pitt. Think of how many goalies he brought in, Anderson he inherited. It's looking like his Achilles.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You gotta figure that Mike Sullivan is fired if the Pens lose again tonight in Vancouver.

Wouldn't that be something. The guy has been past his expiry date for a while now, but a random Saturday night game against the Canucks at the beginning of the year will be his undoing? I'm not convinced.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Wouldn't that be something. The guy has been past his expiry date for a while now, but a random Saturday night game against the Canucks at the beginning of the year will be his undoing? I'm not convinced.

Pens are allowing the most shots against per game (35.1) with the second worst GAA (4.22) in the league.

Tonight they end their Western trip and it will also mark Game #10 for them.

Something has to give for a team that has missed the playoffs two straight seasons and is on the way to making it three.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Buffalo/Detroit game looked exactly the way you would think a Buffalo/Detroit game should look. It's interesting that the Atlantic division isn't getting better, but is instead getting more mediocre. No doubt one or two of these teams will separate from the rest of the pack, but right now other than Montreal they all basically have the same record when you factor in games played. Win three in a row and you will vault to the top of the division.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Pens are allowing the most shots against per game (35.1) with the second worst GAA (4.22) in the league.

Something has to give for a team that has missed the playoffs two straight seasons and is on the way to making it three.

Don't disagree whatsoever. Just not sure a loss tonight is what is going to finally end his tenure in Pittsburgh.

The Penguins aren't going to make the playoffs for a good while now. They had their run. Any franchise and fanbase would be lucky to celebrate 3 Cups on the back of one of the greatest players of all time. But they're in deep now -- miserable seasons await them. And they're not really set up well at all to get a jump on things.

Reactions: BallardEra

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Giving up 2.35 expected goals to that Pens team by the Oilers is pretty bad. This is score adjusted too. Such a bad defensive team. Even in a game they won handily, they still look terrible
5 ES goals allowed in their last 5 games.....Outshooting every opponent...Out high danger chancing them all. Outplaying CAr and vastly outplaying Dallas most of the game. THey held Dallas to 8 shots through almost 2 periods. They need a #4 dman, but it's not as bad as you would think.

3rd in shots for, 19th in shots allowed (last year they were top 5 I think). Toronto allows more shots on goal.

Some of the least high dangers allowed thus far this year 7th least). 3rd in most HD For. They haven't been able to score.

32nd PK. Hard to win with that. PP almost last...Lowest shooting % in league going into last night... They will even out. Too early.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Next 2 drafts are worth tanking for. I'd keep the coach that gives me the best chance to win those 1st picks. Crosby and them won enough and if they want to win more they can help out the org by letting them trade them. Could you imagine them going from Malkin and Crosby to Hagens/Misa and McKenna.

• Wow
Reactions: BallardEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad