Around the League - 2024-2025

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
For those who didn't know Seattle hired a female assistant coach.

The number of close ups she gets every game you'd think she was the head coach. I'm not complaining because she's a lot easier on the eye than Bylsma. I'm just surprised the novelty hasn't worn off yet is all.

I don't think Ovechkin will break Gretzky's record.

The power play doesn't run through him anymore. He's more like the option of last resort now. For those who think it's a given just remember Gretzky himself only scored nine goals his last year in the league.

Calgary is doing better now that Treliving is gone while the Leafs are doing worse since his arrival.

Our favourite team of softies took a step backwards last year and are off to an even crummier start this year. The fans are already booing Marner and throwing jersey's on the ice. Maybe they should fire Marc Savard and hire Lady Ga Ga instead.

The special teams couldn't possibly be any worse.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For those who didn't know Seattle hired a female assistant coach.

The number of close ups she gets every game you'd think she was the head coach. I'm not complaining because she's a lot easier on the eye than Bylsma. I'm just surprised the novelty hasn't worn off yet is all.

I don't think Ovechkin will break Gretzky's record.

The power play doesn't run through him anymore. He's more like the option of last resort now. For those who think it's a given just remember Gretzky himself only scored nine goals his last year in the league.

Calgary is doing better now that Treliving is gone while the Leafs are doing worse since his arrival.

Our favourite team of softies took a step backwards last year and are off to an even crummier start this year. The fans are already booing Marner and throwing jersey's on the ice. Maybe they should fire Marc Savard and hire Lady Ga Ga instead.

The special teams couldn't possibly be any worse.

In keeping with the moment, my guess it was a fake jersey in response to a fake effort?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The Pens just sent Jarry down to the AHL. Dubas signed him to a 5 x 5.375 contract. Man this guy knows goalies!
I am not defending Dubas but goalies are very tough to figure out for every GM.

You need to get lucky drafting it seems more than anything.

Guys look good for a year then fall off, guys come out of nowhere.

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am not defending Dubas but goalies are very tough to figure out for every GM.

You need to get lucky drafting it seems more than anything.

Guys look good for a year then fall off, guys come out of nowhere.
And yet he got it wrong every time. Also, I recall before Jarry was re-upped hearing he was a sketchy long term commitment.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
And yet he got it wrong every time. Also, I recall before Jarry was re-upped hearing he was a sketchy long term commitment.

I don't think Cambell amd Andersen were terrible, and I don't really know who else was available instead.

Murray and Samsonov sure seemed like a shot in the dark.

The term on the Jarry contract was stupid for sure.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't think Cambell amd Andersen were terrible, and I don't really know who else was available instead.

Murray and Samsonov sure seemed like a shot in the dark.

The term on the Jarry contract was stupid for sure.
He never solved the net here, and now he's doing it again in Pitt. Think of how many goalies he brought in, Anderson he inherited. It's looking like his Achilles.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You gotta figure that Mike Sullivan is fired if the Pens lose again tonight in Vancouver.

Wouldn't that be something. The guy has been past his expiry date for a while now, but a random Saturday night game against the Canucks at the beginning of the year will be his undoing? I'm not convinced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad