Around the League - 2024-2025

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I think Ottawa was smart for locking up Ullmark. Of course it's a gamble but everything is - reliable decent goaltending is about as important as any singular thing on an NHL team. Without it, the rest of your team has to be not just good or very good but has to be elite in every other area, to win in the PO. Very good/excellent goaltending can make up for small short comings. If we would have had elite goaltending the past 7 years, there would have been some deep runs. I'm not say Stanley Cups but regular 2/3 rounds and likely a SC appearance in the covid year. Ullmark will put the Sens in the playoffs this year. Boston got lucky once again in their goaltending situation. They delay signing Swayman by a week and the price would have gone up $1-2 mil.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Maybe it's just me, but these numbers being thrown around lately for goaltenders are absurd, especially for those that are still somewhat unproven and haven't won a Stanley Cup.

Goaltenders are typically inconsistent by nature with few exceptions, and to invest significant cap dollars is a risk in my opinion.

Reactions: BallardEra

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Panthers looked incredible last night, I don’t see any signs of a Cup hangover………

Aside from the playoffs the first 10 or so games are usually pretty interesting because teams haven't begun to gel yet.

Boston seems to have a perennial horseshoe up their asses so they'll probably be fine, and Florida is at least a final 4 team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad