Around the League - 2023 Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In these draft videos teams never mention players that weren't drafted by them, but Jeff Gorton at 6:45 obviously talks about the possibility of drafting Michkov. Interesting.

Seems like the room was very high on Reinbacher.

Reactions: 95snipes

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seems like the room was very high on Reinbacher.
That's how it works, you have to fully believe that the player you're drafting that high is going to be a complete difference-maker. At times it gets to the point of delusion, but still, you have to fully trust in yourself that you're making the right pick.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That should be a playoff team IMO

4HVJgG0.png

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

4HVJgG0.png
They're definitely an interesting bunch. Chabot and Chych are entering their prime and they have a decent mix on old and young in their top 6.

Toronto, Tampa, NJ, New York, Carolina, and Florida are locks IMO. The last two spots will be a interesting race between Buffalo, Ottawa, Washington, Pittsburgh, and NYI. And I really think this will be Buffalo's year.

Boston is a big question mark, but they basically just lost their 1C and 2C. I don't know how you recover from that.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021

4HVJgG0.png
You mean I don’t have to eat crow for saying they weren’t a playoff team last year and shouldn’t have been involved in the trade deadline because the teams ahead of them were better and they would never catch them? Amazing! I guess someone should tell Pierce that they didn’t win the cup.

• Haha

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not a jersey collector, but I know some people on here have posted about taking names and numbers off of jerseys. I'm guessing the FMV $250 bit means full market value, so there's potentially a bargain for someone depending on how much the bidding shoots up towards the end.

If you can wear giant jerseys yeah some of those are good value even to strip. The people who do the Avs jerseys will sew it up for you too.

That's why I went after Ghetto just for one to wear, but I liked him enough to keep it as is.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Thanks. I’ve stripped quite a few jerseys but never an Avs MiC. Some are super easy. Others have obnoxious amounts of adhesive. Blank Avs MiCs have a market value ~$400 in terms of resale/collector pricing, which is not quite the same thing as their charity values. How good of a deal it is depends (for recustomizing the game issued but not worn) how much work it is to strip it

Damn the blanks are up that much? Ouch lol, never gets any easier.

That makes these a slick deal if they're wearable sizes. Typically there is less bs with the Canada made ones. Quality means stitching instead of glue on stuff, and those Canada jerseys are repaired when the players damage them. I love my Ghetto gamer lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Taylor Makar's 3rd (#81) is currently bidding at $594.

I didn't think he was that good of a prospect.
Just strip and change the number, you're good, and as stated anything beyond 250 is tax deductible because the money goes to KSE youth sports charities.

Way better value than paying 250 or whatever for the Fanatics crap.

I also fully believe you're bidding against the players themselves sometimes as well lol.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If (big if) Brandon Sutter has fully recovered from his Covid illness, he could be a huge addition to the Oilers bottom six.

He was always a really good 3rd line player and would probably be a better 4C than Derek Ryan.

That said, he has only played 113 games since 2018 out of a possible 372.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Best thing about September, it leads to October and the beginning of our year. I don't think I've ever jonesed as hard for a season to begin as I am now. And we've had some damn long summers to contend with at times.

October 11th can't get here soon enough. Kings w/ PLD for the first game should be fun. It's in LA but TNT has the broadcast. On the plus side, at least it isn't ESPN.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Damn the blanks are up that much? Ouch lol, never gets any easier.

That makes these a slick deal if they're wearable sizes. Typically there is less bs with the Canada made ones. Quality means stitching instead of glue on stuff, and those Canada jerseys are repaired when the players damage them. I love my Ghetto gamer lol.
It’s nuts. I caved and got one of the global series game issued ones. Pretty sure I could use it as a tent for camping but always wanted a MiC so bit the bullet even though I’m definitely going all out to get a Cogs gamer next year (I’d be surprised if it’s not his last season).

Going to strip it and make it a Rantanen. Leaves me just missing the 2017 Global Series patch in my every style of jersey (most replica quality though) and every patch they’ve worn collection. Still working on customizing all the blanks but I’m slowly working on stitching my own kits for the old replica quality ones and leaving the authentic ones to the pros

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It’s nuts. I caved and got one of the global series game issued ones. Pretty sure I could use it as a tent for camping but always wanted a MiC so bit the bullet even though I’m definitely going all out to get a Cogs gamer next year (I’d be surprised if it’s not his last season).

Going to strip it and make it a Rantanen. Leaves me just missing the 2017 Global Series patch in my every style of jersey (most replica quality though) and every patch they’ve worn collection. Still working on customizing all the blanks but I’m slowly working on stitching my own kits for the old replica quality ones and leaving the authentic ones to the pros

Straight up, all of that gets so complicated. It's an interesting hobby to go down the rabbit hole of, I had to stop lol. The details can be difficult to nail down at times. Thank God for that ice jersey forum lol.

My Ghetto one has the 100 year patch, had to have that for some reason. It's not technically the first season they went back to the old style IRRC, but has the patch.

Cogs should be wearable for sure lol.

I've got a Zadorov one I'm probably just going to sell at some point. You'd need to be like 6'4 to fit the thing lol. Very disappointed I chose his over Girard lol. They both went for 500$.

I was willing to go to 5k for Mack's but got beat right at the end. Someone put like a 10k max or something because it went from 2500 to 5k instantaneously when I upped it with a couple minutes left. I'll always be salty on that one.

At least it goes to charity, helps swallow the cost a bit haha.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Straight up, all of that gets so complicated. It's an interesting hobby to go down the rabbit hole of, I had to stop lol. The details can be difficult to nail down at times. Thank God for that ice jersey forum lol.

My Ghetto one has the 100 year patch, had to have that for some reason. It's not technically the first season they went back to the old style IRRC, but has the patch.

I've got a Zadorov one I'm probably just going to sell at some point. You'd need to be like 6'4 to fit the thing lol. Very disappointed I chose his over Girard lol. They both went for 500$.

I was willing to go to 5k for Mack's but got beat right at the end. Someone put like a 10k max or something because it went from 2500 to 5k instantaneously when I upped it with a couple minutes left. I'll always be salty on that one.

Dude, if you're willing to put down that kind of cash for a jersey, I'd do some research, find out what charity or charities mean the most to MacKinnon and then write a letter to the team and ask them if he'd be willing to part with a game worn jersey in exchange for a 5K donation to _____ charity. Worse that can happen is you don't hear back.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dude, if you're willing to put down that kind of cash for a jersey, I'd do some research, find out what charity or charities mean the most to MacKinnon and then write a letter to the team and ask them if he'd be willing to part with a game worn jersey in exchange for a 5K donation to _____ charity. Worse that can happen is you don't hear back.

I'm not as much anymore, being that serious about it was sort of a phase lol. It would of been quite the piece though. Fortunately I've got a pretty good center piece.

The players don't own any of them. I'd be willing to bet you're bidding against players often enough for playoff jerseys too.

They were nice enough to get them signed when asked though. The big players jerseys always go for crazy money.

I have a feeling my game worn signed Hejduk jersey is worth around that or more. You see more obscure players go for 2 or 3k sometimes if they were popular.

The last game worn Forsberg jersey I seen was like 10k if I'm remembering right, and that was a long time ago now.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I'm not as much anymore, being that serious about it was sort of a phase lol. It would of been quite the piece though. Fortunately I've got a pretty good center piece.

The players don't own any of them. I'd be willing to bet you're bidding against players often enough for playoff jerseys too.

They were nice enough to get them signed when asked though. The big players jerseys always go for crazy money.

I have a feeling my game worn signed Hejduk jersey is worth around that or more. You see more obscure players go for 2 or 3k sometimes if they were popular.

The last game worn Forsberg jersey I seen was like 10k if I'm remembering right, and that was a long time ago now.
Meigray has had a random Foppa reebok for a while for $7500 but they also have his last ever gamer for 25 grand which is wild. They also at one point had Mack’s home set 1 from 13-14 (so first game/first point) for 250k that looks like someone bought it and I would not be at all surprised if he bought it himself

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Meigray has had a random Foppa reebok for a while for $7500 but they also have his last ever gamer for 25 grand which is wild. They also at one point had Mack’s home set 1 from 13-14 (so first game/first point) for 250k that looks like someone bought it and I would not be at all surprised if he bought it himself

Yeah it is the wild west lol. There are some people who collect game worn stuff that are willing to drop serious coin on it. It doesn't always make total sense either.

5 to 6k for a gamer signed that's of a player that's had his number retired seems in the ball park I think.

Meigrey offered to authenticate it for 450 after some emails, pictures, etc, at that point signature verification is pretty easy to get. I've done enough comparisons myself to feel comfortable saying it's legit.

It was quite the Ebay find for 75$, but as you obviously know once you know what to look for that well you could spot a on ice issue jersey in a Landry pile of jerseys mixed up. It's hilarious how different they've always been. Pathetic really..

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRox89

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I wouldn't sell it if I were you. It could be worth a lot of money later on. He is about to break out. He is only 28. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad