Around the League - 2023 Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He was fine down the lineup. We are talking about him in a 4th line context now, not as a former 4th overall
Define fine… IMO he’s still a dumb hockey player that does dumb things even in limited minutes. I’d love to add some depth, but not pure dummies.

I feel like he’s the ‘I can fix him’ of hockey players.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's not great for the Sabres. Ownership will now officially get involved with what's happening on the ice.

Where is @Pokecheque when we need his opinion on this move from the Pegulas.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He’s an oddity in his career for sure, I don’t think he’s a good or desirable player.
Yeah he's producing when he's playing but he brings so little else to the table that in the end you'd rather not have him. He's a worse version of Alex Kerfoot.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah he's producing when he's playing but he brings so little else to the table that in the end you'd rather not have him. He's a worse version of Alex Kerfoot.
Yeah basically. I’d argue he’s a pretty large negative even with his scoring… but if you have a bad team that needs goals, he can help in that area. I’d never want him on a good team.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
IMG_5682.jpeg

Does anyone know why this exists? Was that trade really that close?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Perhaps the guy making the jerseys is the same guy that leaked to Renault Lavoie that Coleman got traded to Colorado.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
View attachment 739465

It turns out this is actually real and there are actually two Giroux jerseys: https://e.givesmart.com/events/ygx/i/

If you have $125 spare you can buy Avalanche sleeper agent Calle Rosen's jersey. Fans of cocaine (allegedly) and erroneous Ys can buy a Galchenyuk or Megna jersey for the same price. They're the cheapest. Gustav Rydahl is also $125 but he's obviously fictional so I'm not including him.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It turns out this is actually real and there are actually two Giroux jerseys: https://e.givesmart.com/events/ygx/i/

If you have $125 spare you can buy Avalanche sleeper agent Calle Rosen's jersey. Fans of cocaine (allegedly) and erroneous Ys can buy a Galchenyuk or Megna jersey for the same price. They're the cheapest. Gustav Rydahl is also $125 but he's obviously fictional so I'm not including him.
And Dalton Smith, who is obviously some guy.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Ever stripped an Avs MiC? That’s actually a great price for one but that’s a level of random player I’m not that into. Sad I didn’t jump faster when offered a Porter game worn Blueberry (and someone else bought it). Love those jerseys and Porter is a solid enough random player for me

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ever stripped an Avs MiC? That’s actually a great price for one but that’s a level of random player I’m not that into. Sad I didn’t jump faster when offered a Porter game worn Blueberry (and someone else bought it). Love those jerseys and Porter is a solid enough random player for me
I'm not a jersey collector, but I know some people on here have posted about taking names and numbers off of jerseys. I'm guessing the FMV $250 bit means full market value, so there's potentially a bargain for someone depending on how much the bidding shoots up towards the end.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not a jersey collector, but I know some people on here have posted about taking names and numbers off of jerseys. I'm guessing the FMV $250 bit means full market value, so there's potentially a bargain for someone depending on how much the bidding shoots up towards the end.
That's what is meant, but this is terming for the nonprofit side of things. Typically the point of it is that any amount over the $250 becomes tax deductible.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Are you saying that I can finally buy a Bleackley jersey which I have wanted all these years?

• Haha

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Thanks. I’ve stripped quite a few jerseys but never an Avs MiC. Some are super easy. Others have obnoxious amounts of adhesive. Blank Avs MiCs have a market value ~$400 in terms of resale/collector pricing, which is not quite the same thing as their charity values. How good of a deal it is depends (for recustomizing the game issued but not worn) how much work it is to strip it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad