Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
IMO it's not whether the score evens out over the game or season. It's the lack of consistency in the call across the different refs. It could be attributed to human bias in some ways if not ignorance, which ca. Go back to their original point in a gambling environment.

I more so just worry the league isn't building enough consistency in how it enforces a call which leads to players being unable to build any rhythm in how they play on the ice.
Except when the Avalanche play the Blues, then it's ALL Colorado!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Me too. There's just nothing like the thrill of keeping your own money.
There's actually a pretty good millionaire quote out there that says, "If all you do is save money, you're going to spend your entire life working to save it." Food for thought.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
According to a source "close to the situation", the Habs and Ducks had a deal in place at the draft: Logan Mailloux + 21st OA for Zegras + 2nd round pick.

Habs changed their mind at one point during the first round but it's not known if it's because they got Demidov or they really wanted Hage at #21.

Mailloux was arguably a top 3 dman in the AHL last year and it was his rookie season.

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_0295.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
According to a source "close to the situation", the Habs and Ducks had a deal in place at the draft: Logan Mailloux + 21st OA for Zegras + 2nd round pick.

Habs changed their mind at one point during the first round but it's not known if it's because they got Demidov or they really wanted Hage at #21.

Mailloux was arguably a top 3 dman in the AHL last year and it was his rookie season.
I don't believe for a second that Anaheim accepts that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn't realize the Ducks hired Peter Budaj until I heard Greg Cronin on an NHLN interview yesterday.

Kinda weird the Avs had a goalie development coach and then the one year they actually make a concerted effort to bolster the prospect pool in that regard, he leaves.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Didn't realize the Ducks hired Peter Budaj until I heard Greg Cronin on an NHLN interview yesterday.

Kinda weird the Avs had a goalie development coach and then the one year they actually make a concerted effort to bolster the prospect pool in that regard, he leaves.
Budaj's reaction to all those goalie picks:
"What? You expect me to put some effort in my job now? F**k that. I'm leaving."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes