Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The Marek news doesn't pass the sniff test. There is more to the story and is bound to get out.
If you are referring to the fact that some people are speculating about this just being about his contract ending on July 1st and them not being able to come to terms, yeah agreed. Something would've been figured out to at least close off the season and then he would've already announced himself that he's moving on.

Something fishy going on. Someone speculated on reddit that he might've leaked out some inside info from one team to another.

Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If you are referring to the fact that some people are speculating about this just being about his contract ending on July 1st and them not being able to come to terms, yeah agreed. Something would've been figured out to at least close off the season and then he would've already announced himself that he's moving on.

Something fishy going on. Someone speculated on reddit that he might've leaked out some inside info from one team to another.
Even beyond the contract... a guy who is integral to a network's output just going silent after the first day in one of the busiest weeks of the offseason is just odd. Something happened here. Could be Marek crossed a line, could be Marek got fed up with SN, could be a million things. Just something had to have happened that is significant.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Even beyond the contract... a guy who is integral to a network's output just going silent after the first day in one of the busiest weeks of the offseason is just odd. Something happened here. Could be Marek crossed a line, could be Marek got fed up with SN, could be a million things. Just something had to have happened that is significant.
Maybe he was the consultant who recommended that the main character in Stellar Blade be drawn that way?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So either his contract ended on draft day or something serious happened in Vegas.

Friedman said on the last poscast that Marek took the red-eye flight from Vegas after the draft, which was probably unexpected/unusual since he (Elliotte) went out of his way to mention it.

Last edited:

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I don't like Rycroft as color, and even in-studio his schtick gets old, but Johnson comes across as the second absolute dumbest Av I've seen. No offense to him, love the player, and he may have layers I'm not acknowledging, but he comes across as just all-out slack-jawed in a way that only Ryan Smyth beats.
I think he needs to get away from Moser, because he won't learn anything useful from him. He fell into the color analyst thing and I think he'd have a lot of work to do anyway, but having Moser as your mentor isn't going to fast track you. I imagine he has to bite his tongue a lot when Moser says some things, because he doesn't seem to understand a lot about the game. Other than big tall player is ooh scary watch out.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
yUj17ai.png

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I sure hope we'll find out what the f*** happened at the draft after (or during) round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad