NFL: 49ers Ricky Pearsall shot during a robbery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They also manipulate stats (Juke the stats)

A common practice to undersell the real #'s

Felonies become misdemeanors, assault becomes battery, plea deals see sentences and crime disappear from books at completion of deal, etc

Its a great way to tilt #'s in your favor

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ooofff I wouldn’t post on my Instagram story about buying a diamond bezel Rolex like he did earlier

Not in that frigan city

Buy the watch, cool purchase, but don’t provide a road map to the item. That area of San Fran is a disaster in crime.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Right. That's how crime stats work. They don't hire psychics.
Turns out if you know the exact way to measure crime, you probably have a very lucrative idea to sell.
Right, so saying crime is actually down is a "maybe." People stop reporting crime when the police and prosecutors seem indifferent to the problems.
I never made the claim that violent crime is down. I just said that the data doesn't support that violent crime is increasing.

Luckily there are also decent proxies for violent crime. If it were just a cause of people not reporting it, crimes like homicide would still be on the rise if unreported violent crime were on the rise.

That's not the case in San Francisco. There are more indicators that violent crime in San Francisco isn't on the rise than there are that they are.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ooofff I wouldn’t post on my Instagram story about buying a diamond bezel Rolex like he did earlier

Not in that frigan city

Buy the watch, cool purchase, but don’t provide a road map to the item. That area of San Fran is a disaster in crime.

My sister family lives in downtown San Francisco, once you venture on what areas to walk and not to walk, you’ll get used to it.

But yeah, don’t flash your shit.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Turns out if you know the exact way to measure crime, you probably have a very lucrative idea to sell.

I never made the claim that violent crime is down. I just said that the data doesn't support that violent crime is increasing.

Luckily there are also decent proxies for violent crime. If it were just a cause of people not reporting it, crimes like homicide would still be on the rise if unreported violent crime were on the rise.

That's not the case in San Francisco. There are more indicators that violent crime in San Francisco isn't on the rise than there are that they are.
Between homicides and people showing up to hospitals with gunshot wounds, there are set crime-related data points. It’s not all reliant on people self reporting. The number of dead people isn’t a number anyone can fudge.

My sister family lives in downtown San Francisco, once you venture on what areas to walk and not to walk, you’ll get used to it.

But yeah, don’t flash your shit.
Right. It’s like any city of any size.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Dude was reported to be in the gym..
I know after I get shot clean through ,I walk myself to the ambulance and then I hit the gym.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Right, so saying crime is actually down is a "maybe." People stop reporting crime when the police and prosecutors seem indifferent to the problems.

They also manipulate stats (Juke the stats)

A common practice to undersell the real #'s

Felonies become misdemeanors, assault becomes battery, plea deals see sentences and crime disappear from books at completion of deal, etc

Its a great way to tilt #'s in your favor
I've been curious about this for a long time. If you're of the belief that "you can't trust the statistics"....

ok.... but then what lead you to form the opinion you have? Is it as simple as believing the opposite of what the statistics tell you? (but then what if the statistics say crime is up?)

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I've been curious about this for a long time. If you're of the belief that "you can't trust the statistics"....

ok.... but then what lead you to form the opinion you have? Is it as simple as believing the opposite of what the statistics tell you? (but then what if the statistics say crime is up?)

Then you were right the whole time!

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Feelings. The answer is feelings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad