Around the League - 2023/24

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Glaciers. For good measure they should sign Pat Maroon.

Yeah I actually do like Black Diamonds.

On a side note, I wonder what kind of AHL owner Alex Meruelo will be.
Black Diamonds is good too. Lots of places they can go with that theme too.

Maroon is the only thing that moves slower than glaciers.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Black Diamonds is like Golden Knights, no one is ever going to call them with their full name.

Blizzard is what makes the most sense, considering the ZZ pattern.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Some of the proposed names for Utah are awful and deserving of a laugh. But in fairness, the team we all know as the Colorado Avalanche was nearly named The Rocky Mountain Extreme.....so I won't throw any stones.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd go with Hive of those listed. There was a chance to throw a little shade at Glendale. Gila Monsters are native to Utah.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Some of the proposed names for Utah are awful and deserving of a laugh. But in fairness, the team we all know as the Colorado Avalanche was nearly named The Rocky Mountain Extreme.....so I won't throw any stones.
Should have been.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm surprised the following weren't options:

Utah Bumbaclarts
Utah Fanny Packs
Utah Satchels
Utah Fizzle
Utah Dafuqs
Utah Colons
Utah Weird Family Dynamics
Utah Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Utah Nozzles
Utah Numpties
Utah Salts
Utah Bitchsaywhat
Utah Utahans

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Black Diamonds for the sweet ski imagery.
Canyons for the uniqueness

But it’s gonna be Yeti. No idea why not Yetis
IMG_6594.jpeg

That’s all that name makes me think of. It’s like that Arrested Development bit about Sudden Valley and how it makes everyone else think it’s going to collapse but George Michael says it sounds like a kind of ranch dressing

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
These all suck, quite frankly

If they all suck for you, make some alternative suggestions instead of complaining that they suck. Not targeting you, but I've read already 20+ comments about how much all the names suck yet nobody comes up with alternatives. And honestly, Mammoth is a very legit name, who cares about a random lacrosse team in Denver already having it.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If they all suck for you, make some alternative suggestions instead of complaining that they suck. Not targeting you, but I've read already 20+ comments about how much all the names suck yet nobody comes up with alternatives. And honestly, Mammoth is a very legit name, who cares about a random lacrosse team in Denver already having it.
Apparently, those are the 20 finalists. There are no other suggestions being considered.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I saw a clip from SLC over the weekend from when the players visited. The kids were screaming for the Utah Yeti's. If naming a division rival after our original mascot is what it takes to hook new kids on the sport, I'm cool with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad