GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hey Lames, if you could do us a favor and overpay Lomberg

bc7a8e060496a6b889c9100c20dce14e.gif

2x2M for that plug

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I have a feeling that Campbell will have a bounce back season in Detroit. He is capable of playing at a decent level but I suspect that he would never have done so again in Edmonton for any length of time. One thing Skinner has going for him is that he seems to be able to let stuff go. Campbell seems not to be able to do that. This is a problem in high pressure situations and both Edmonton and Toronto are places where you need really thick skin.

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Unfortuantly I think Calgary crushed the draft. They picked most of the players I thought were steals

Fortuantly the only other time I thought a team had that good of a draft was the 2012 Canadians with Galchenyuk, Collberg, Thrower, Bozon, Brady Vail and Charles Hudon

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have a feeling that Campbell will have a bounce back season in Detroit. He is capable of playing at a decent level but I suspect that he would never have done so again in Edmonton for any length of time. One thing Skinner has going for him is that he seems to be able to let stuff go. Campbell seems not to be able to do that. This is a problem in high pressure situations and both Edmonton and Toronto are places where you need really thick skin.

He’s behind Husso, Talbot, and Lyon at the moment. At best he’s the #3 there.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Lol, didn't think a Canucks fan would actually create a "we almost beat the Oilers" thread on the main board, but here we are...

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Lol, didn't think a Canucks fan would actually create a "we almost beat the Oilers" thread on the main board, but here we are...

I don't know if I have ever wished for a team to miss the playoffs next season as much as I wish the Nucks miss next season.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

I’d guess that poster doesn’t have the ability to evaluate talent. That Blues corps was a lot more talented

Reactions: Valhallis

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I personally can’t wait to watch the Marner situation unfold this season. Especially can’t wait to watch Treliving flail trying to manage it.
I can’t wait for him to be thrown under the bus by the market… again and as usual. But i think we are already seeing Tre manage the Marner situation, that is, he can’t do much but run it back. Which will lead to nothing but more toxicity in the Toronto market.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Interesting video about the Leafs captaincy getting stripped from Tavares and gifted to Matthews.

This would be a DoD level of stupid for Toronto to do...

...which is exactly why I hope they do it... :naughty:

Reactions: TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I can’t wait for him to be thrown under the bus by the market… again and as usual. But i think we are already seeing Tre manage the Marner situation, that is, he can’t do much but run it back. Which will lead to nothing but more toxicity in the Toronto market.

Honestly, of the three options that he's been boxed into (re-sign for massive pay day, trade at diminished value if he even waives his NMC, or watching him walk) - having him walk might be the best one assuming he doesn't accept a trade. Goes against every single orthodoxy in hockey management, but sometimes when you're in a corner you have to take your medicine and reset rather than double down.

Marner walks, Tavares walks (or re-signs for cheap) after this year, you open $20M+ of cap room, and still have Matthews and Nylander up front to build back up around. They might have a prayer of building a defence that doesn't blow and a goalie that can actually make a save this way.

You just know he's going to run it back and re-sign him for a deal grossly above market though. Which I will like to watch.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly, of the three options that he's been boxed into (re-sign for massive pay day, trade at diminished value if he even waives his NMC, or watching him walk) - having him walk might be the best one assuming he doesn't accept a trade. Goes against every single orthodoxy in hockey management, but sometimes when you're in a corner you have to take your medicine and reset rather than double down.

Marner walks, Tavares walks (or re-signs for cheap) after this year, you open $20M+ of cap room, and still have Matthews and Nylander up front to build back up around. They might have a prayer of building a defence that doesn't blow and a goalie that can actually make a save this way.

You just know he's going to run it back and re-sign him for a deal grossly above market though. Which I will like to watch.
Lots of value with just getting straight cap space freed up. And that team definitely has holes needs filling. And really just a makeover of the whole team in general.

The market won’t allow it though, they’d blow their lids if they don’t get “fair” value in any trade.

Either way, whatever happens. It’s Toronto and no winning will ever happen there with their toxic fanbase and media. So I’m happy with whatever, at this point I know nearly everything will blow up in their faces :D

Reactions: K1984

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Marner will do just which move is best for Mitch Marner money wise.

He will make sure he either gets massive deal from the Laughs and gets traded or not, or he plays good regular season and waits next July 1st to sign very big contract in free market.

TML can't trade him unless he waives NMC and it limits teams to very few,and they need to take cap back aswell.

Toronto just can't lose him for nothing, look what happened to Lames when they let their puck driver go for nothing, team collapsed like cheap tent. Yet they are in that train already.

Leafs fans live in fantasy world where they think he is tradeable just like that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad