• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Interesting video about the Leafs captaincy getting stripped from Tavares and gifted to Matthews.

This would be a DoD level of stupid for Toronto to do...

...which is exactly why I hope they do it... :naughty:

When has Matthews ever shown good captain tendencies? Look no further than this year when he went balls out in a meaningless game 2 days before playoffs for some random personal accolade.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I completely missed that Monahan went into hiding with Johnny in Columbus

haha-scott-pilgram-hilarious.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
When has Matthews ever shown good captain tendencies? Look no further than this year when he went balls out in a meaningless game 2 days before playoffs for some random personal accolade.
When guys like Drai were still playing thru broken fingers and ribs, Austun missed a good chunk of the playoffs with a tummy ache. Can't think of a more perfect captain for the Laffs.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
That Tanev contract absolutely screams buyout within 3-4 years, or sooner.
Leafs gamble, they need to make winning team now or Matthews is gone. They need to make moves which might look bad over longer term, but they just have to make splash or their team is collapsing like happened for Lames. Might already happen when Marner walks after his contract ends next summer. Gaudreau vol. 2.0.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Leafs gamble, they need to make winning team now or Matthews is gone. They need to make moves which might look bad over longer term, but they just have to make splash or their team is collapsing like happened for Lames. Might already happen when Marner walks after his contract ends next summer. Gaudreau vol. 2.0.
They can keep Matthews forever as long as they keep overpaying him in short term contracts.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What's the over under date on Stone going on LTIR this season?

To me this is one of the largest hurdles for the Oilers unless they can also take advantage. Luckily Dallas took care of them but it's a hard hill to climb playing against this.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

To me this is one of the largest hurdles for the Oilers unless they can also take advantage. Luckily Dallas took care of them but it's a hard hill to climb playing against this.

We all know it’s going to happen, at this point it’s up to the Docs to come up with some obscure disease that isn’t easily testable but comes with a high probably, and quick recovery rate.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

He’ll go on it at some point, zero doubt about it.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than him not playing 10 consecutive games. Especially if the Knights get off to a rocky start.

As their roster sits now I don’t have them making the playoffs. Almost any player they have left up front that is actually good is also a complete band aid.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
We all know it’s going to happen, at this point it’s up to the Docs to come up with some obscure disease that isn’t easily testable but comes with a high probably, and quick recovery rate.
Yep, something subjective like a spleen injury. Spleen injuries work great because the spleen is "nice to have" but isn't necessary to live.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yep, something subjective like a spleen injury. Spleen injuries work great because the spleen is "nice to have" but isn't necessary to live.

So hard to prove either way too, unless the league really wants to crack down, which they don't have the balls to do to Vegas. Just takes a routine hit before the deadline and magically his spleen is ruptured with his recovery perfectly timed for game 1 of the playoffs. Just hilarious.

They probably go back to chronic back pain before the deadline next season.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
So hard to prove either way too, unless the league really wants to crack down, which they don't have the balls to do to Vegas. Just takes a routine hit before the deadline and magically his spleen is ruptured with his recovery perfectly timed for game 1 of the playoffs. Just hilarious.

They probably go back to chronic back pain before the deadline next season.

I'm putting money on Febromyalgia.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

100% he’s back on LTIR at the TDL. Vegas knows Bettman won’t do shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad