GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

In Edmonton, you would barely be able to move with the Crush of humanity.

I've seen a few Cup celebration videos on twitter and it's just sad. No one cares in Florida outside of a handful of people that were at the celebrations. Edmonton had a huge chunk of the city downtown and the rest watching at bars, restaurants or home and were ready to celebrate. The city would have been shutdown on Tuesday from all the people missing work yet in Miami it's just another day.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I've seen a few Cup celebration videos on twitter and it's just sad. No one cares in Florida outside of a handful of people that were at the celebrations. Edmonton had a huge chunk of the city downtown and the rest watching at bars, restaurants or home and were ready to celebrate. The city would have been shutdown on Tuesday from all the people missing work yet in Miami it's just another day.

Bett365man’s NHL

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm curious when their parade was/is

I'm sure half of the fans have already moved on to Miami Dolphins offseason talk

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I actually thought this was a joke. Are you F'in kidding me? Guy has helped ruin a once great game. Just another black mark on the game during Gary's Reign Of Error.

Nearly every major issue with the league at the moment can be traced back to him. Officiating, supplemental discipline, rules enforcement, all of it.

Campbell is a stain on the sport. Disgrace he’s going in the Hall and diminishes the Hall.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Nearly every major issue with the league at the moment can be traced back to him. Officiating, supplemental discipline, rules enforcement, all of it.

Campbell is a stain on the sport. Disgrace he’s going in the Hall and diminishes the Hall.
The HHOF committee did a brutal job this year. JR gets in despite no 1st or 2nd team all star selections, no major trophy wins, no SC's and never being in the top five in scoring in any year. Played 20 years and had a very good career, but falls in the category of good, not great players.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The HHOF committee did a brutal job this year. JR gets in despite no 1st or 2nd team all star selections, no major trophy wins, no SC's and never being in the top five in scoring in any year. Played 20 years and had a very good career, but falls in the category of good, not great players.

There has been a run of players that just simply shouldn’t be there. Off the top of my head:

Carbonneau
Roenick
Lowe (love the player, great Oiler, objectively not a Hall of Famer until the watered down modern era of the Hall)
Turgeon
Vernon
Ciccarelli
Housley
Kariya

Some good even somewhat great players there, but they just aren’t it. These are all decent level “star” players that either had some sort of limitation in their game, not a long career, or both. It’s too bad, because the Hall of Fame used to really mean something. If anything they now need to go back in time and name about two dozen other players that didn’t make it in when standards were high, but are locks now.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Damn. I didn't think there would be this many salty ass Canucks fans on Twitter after stating the truth that Bouchard destroyed Quinn Hughes in the Playoffs LOL

Nuck scum flood literally any tweet involving the Oilers. They’re the most immature, stupid, obsessive, and ridiculous fan base in all North American professional pro sports. There are other fans that are ridiculous because of their numbers or over the top passion for their team (think Cowboys, Yankees, Leafs, and sometimes even Oilers at times), but they are unique in that their passion is fueled by a pettiness and the fan equivalent of little man syndrome.

There isn’t a more odious group in any sport in the United States or Canada.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Convinced Matthews comes from another dimension where everyone is crosseyed and has their whole body covered in sores.

Guy just always thinks he looks so good

Can’t blame a guy for “showing off his personality.” Wish more guys did that.

Matthews has left nobody any doubt that he’s a narcissistic douchebag.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Nuck scum flood literally any tweet involving the Oilers. They’re the most immature, stupid, obsessive, and ridiculous fan base in all North American professional pro sports. There are other fans that are ridiculous because of their numbers or over the top passion for their team (think Cowboys, Yankees, Leafs, and sometimes even Oilers at times), but they are unique in that their passion is fueled by a pettiness and the fan equivalent of little man syndrome.

There isn’t a more odious group in any sport in the United States or Canada.
I think the fact the franchise has been a stone-cold loser since the day they entered the NHL is embedded into the brain of every Cuck fan so they take out their anger and bitterness on the rest of us

Reactions: bellagiobob

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Is the draft today? And if it is it feels so quiet this year. I know they’re decentralizing the draft in the future but the main boards don’t even have a gdt up or anything unless I’m blind

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Bett365man’s NHL
I ran into a guy in an Oiler sweater at the airport who was coming back from Florida--he was in attendance at game #7.

He said that the Florida fans were quite friendly towards him but he said once you got 2 blocks from the arena there were no gatherings of fans and no celebrations at all. For most Floridians it was a non-event.

Nascar still the rage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad