GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
You guys think Wheeler is still making this face right now?

View attachment 878518
Where did his neck go ? lol Reminds me of this cartoon character..
laughing-muttley.gif

• Wow
Reactions: frag2 and Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So in the end the Rangers were what everybody else thinks the Oilers are (except with a goalie) - PP merchants with no depth who can’t generate offense 5on5.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Panthers pretty scary looking team. They're vibing right now for sure. Whoever comes out of the west will have their hands full, but people making it sound like Dallas or the Oilers have no chance...

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Panthers pretty scary looking team. They're vibing right now for sure. Whoever comes out of the west will have their hands full, but people making it sound like Dallas or the Oilers have no chance...
They get past weak teams in Easy East so it doesn't matter and their Cup should have so many asterix on it if they ever win, am I doing this right?

• Haha
Reactions: frag2

Lannes

May 5, 2024
They get past weak teams in Easy East so it doesn't matter and their Cup should have so many asterix on it if they ever win, am I doing this right?
IF it is Edmonton in the finals, the narrative will be exactly that but this is interesting to note:

First round opponents for both:
LAK- 99 points
TBL- 98 points

Second round opponents for both:
VAN- 109 points
BOS- 109 points

Third round opponents for both:
DAL- 113 points
NYR- 114 points

Exact same total number of regular season points.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Sounds familiar. The team coming out of the Oilers-Nucks series was supposed to have no chance against the Stars.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Sounds familiar. The team coming out of the Oilers-Nucks series was supposed to have no chance against the Stars.
Then narrative changes, already happening that they say Dallas has empty tank because it needed to get through Corporate LTIR and Refalanche as Oilers just cruised through old and slow Kings and banged Cancucks.

f*** them all, Kings would have won quite many East teams and same goes with Vancouver.

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
T
Rangers are kind of a pathetic original 6 franchise. Four cups in like 100 years and the last one in 94 had what 6-7 ex-Oilers on it. The original Ottawa Senators had 4 all in the 1920s. Pathetic...
They actually had eight ex-Oilers on that roster...Mark Messier, Adam Graves, Jeff Beukeboom, Esa Tikkanen, Craig MacTavish, Glenn Anderson, Kevin Lowe and Mike Hudson.

Jan 13, 2023
are they? I haven't caught any of their games, but on paper they don't look too crazy

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Oil were supposed to have no chance against the Canucks and were suppose to have no chance against the Stars. I’d rather face Bobrovsky than Shesterskin.

If they win tonight, I think we’re gonna see another level from McDavid & Draisaitl we’ve never seen from them in the finals.

Last edited:

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Pagnotta said onto Heavy Hockey. No chance
For the west against the panthers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad