GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Yeah, f*** that shit haha yikes. I just got bored and found this (3 weeks ago)

Going to sleep at night in the cold ass weather living in Edmonton? Sounds like a good sleep under thick covers and blankets.
Changing your bed sheets in Australia? Now make sure you check or one of Australia's top 5 venomous snakes could be chilling in your bedroom.

:skeptic::skeptic::skeptic::skeptic:
Don't forget to check any pair of footwear you plan to wear when leaving your house for venomous spiders or scorpions as well!

Reactions: McAsuno

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don't forget to check any pair of footwear you plan to wear when leaving your house for venomous spiders or scorpions as well!

I’ve been down under a couple times. Was at a friends house in Melbourne and was warned to watch for spiders on the shower head before turning on the shower. Sure enough the next morning I went to take a shower and glanced up to look at the shower head and there was a giant furry thing the size of my f***ing hand on it.

Needless to say I didn’t shower for 3 weeks until my airport hotel stay the night before I flew home.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I just remember hearing a story about a guy in Australia sleeping in his bed. In the middle of the night he heard / felt a thump on his bed. He jumped out of bed and turned on the light. That thump he heard and felt was a gigantic spider falling from the ceiling onto his bed.

Hell no.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This whole article gives me Rattie vibes.

"He has one of the best shots I've ever seen" - Huberdeau

L O L

Should fit in well with the "best passer in Flames history."

There must be something in the air in Calgary that makes them barf out over the top superlatives. They've always been the best at one thing or another going on a decade now, except without any actual results at any point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, f*** that shit haha yikes. I just got bored and found this (3 weeks ago)

Going to sleep at night in the cold ass weather living in Edmonton? Sounds like a good sleep under thick covers and blankets.
Changing your bed sheets in Australia? Now make sure you check or one of Australia's top 5 venomous snakes could be chilling in your bedroom.

:skeptic::skeptic::skeptic::skeptic:
Its Bizarre eh? But so many people want to go live or visit Australia. Its gods hell continent imo. The abyss place they used to ship convicts off to for lifelong penitence and punishment. I can gather why. Large amounts of populated cities and area are also basically at sea level too meaning any large wave can cause some flooding and any rise in sea level causes flooding. Any rain causes flooding. Taking a big piss could cause some flooding..;)

Reactions: McAsuno

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Can’t wait to read the Eric Francis column tomorrow prognosticating a Cup after this game.

Too bad I can't read it since Eric Francis banned me.

give-a-damn-i-act.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Flames were practically icing their NHL lineup in game 1 of preseason. Vancouver was icing a tryout lineup with a few NHL bottom six players. Plan the parade for Calgary.

Complete with one of the worst tandem goaltending performances statistically that I've ever seen by two guys that have never been heard of and may never be again.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

L O L

There must be something in the air in Calgary that makes them barf out over the top superlatives. They've always been the best at one thing or another going on a decade now, except without any actual results at any point.
Markstrom last year said they’re were a better team than the previous year..only to fall flat on their face when the games mattered
I guess their “top defense corps” got exposed for what they really were
Mediocre as usual

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Markstrom last year said they’re were a better team than the previous year..only to fall flat on their face when the games mattered
I guess their “top defense corps” got exposed for what they really were
Mediocre as usual

It's that time of the year where shitty teams (Flames) pump themselves up with figurative reasons everything will be better now before reality sets in on October 10.

"Markstrom looks so much happier this year! GREAT body language"

"Everyone is having fun all of a sudden!"

"Coronato has one of the best shots in the league!"

"New paint in the dressing room AND new slogans on the walls!"

"Huberdeau sure looks like he's having fun!"

All complete bullshit, but comical to read.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

Here's another one for ya

L O L

How big and bright is his Aura though?

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Here's another one for ya

How big and bright is his Aura though?

Hahaha I forgot about that narrative from last year's pre-season.

Also reminds me when Lombardious had to order a new pair of shorts because Huberdeau made a relatively routine backhand pass through the neutral zone in one of their pre-season games.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The takes from Flames fans right now is hilarious. "Huberdeau is back". "Coronato is the real deal."

1 preseason game against a weak team icing their weakest lineup. Wow.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hahaha I forgot about that narrative from last year's pre-season.

Also reminds me when Lombardious had to order a new pair of shorts because Huberdeau made a relatively routine backhand pass through the neutral zone in one of their pre-season games.
ahhh Peter Loubardias...the same goof who said the Flames were the "deepest team in Flames history" after 6 games last year....Flames went on to lose 7 in a row after he made that statement

(citation: Oct 28th, 2022 Oilers Now podcast)

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Man Chycrun is such a STUD. If he stays healthy....Very good player

Toronto is going to hate Klingberg. He looked brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad