GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
It's still hard to believe Yamamoto isn't an Oiler anymore. We brought him up too early but he developed nicely at the end. He was a good little water bug. You know he's going to cause a disturbance every game against us now.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It's still hard to believe Yamamoto isn't an Oiler anymore. We brought him up too early but he developed nicely at the end. He was a good little water bug. You know he's going to cause a disturbance every game against us now.
1692478222179.gif

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Once he signed his last deal he sealed his fate with the Oilers. If he wanted to stay he needed to take a fair bit less.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I dont think anyone on the Oilers is worried about a 130 pound 5'6 yamamoto causing anything
I always thought it was fine if he wanted to be a 5'6 honey badger but not at his weight. He should have turned himself into a stubby pile of muscle like Wolverine. Just look at how jacked Marty St.Louis got

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Sounds not promising in Calgary.

Weegar: Flames need players who 'want to be here'

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Sounds not promising in Calgary.

Weegar: Flames need players who 'want to be here'

We can't be surprised. Once Johnny G and Matt Tkachuk wanted out things weren't looking promising. Let's all be happy we're cheering on the good guys here in Edmonton

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
They're probably making decent money, they're just losing market share to much more accessible and affordable sports. That is a problem that will never go away, no matter how many Stanley cups they hand over to sunbelt teams in the US.

MLS is probably going lap the NHL very soon too, and maybe even challenge for the top spot in both Canada/US in the coming decades. Especially if both countries continue to practice unfettered immigration from soccer crazy nations around the globe.
I was gonna say no way but you have a good point, unfettered immigration. Hockey is just too damn expensive now and other sports such as softball/baseball are much too political for parents getting involved and ruining it

Reactions: Tarus

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Can't believe Tyler Pitlick still going hard in this league. He'll be going on his 8th nhl team now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can't believe Tyler Pitlick still going hard in this league. He'll be going on his 8th nhl team now.
Kind of that tweener type guy that ends up getting playing time due to his effort.

All things considered not really that bad of a pick in hindsight when looking at others. Not great by any means, but not as horrible as it once looked

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Matthews signs at $13.25 for 4 years. That may make a deal for Leon more expensive. But I think it may help with McDavid since it is unlikely anyone else gets more than $13.25 other than possibly Leon. (Leon $13.5??? McDavid $14.25M????) What it does do however is pretty much ensure that Nylander will also ask for at least $10M and as a result is probably gone.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Matthews signs at $13.25 for 4 years. That may make a deal for Leon more expensive. But I think it may help with McDavid since it is unlikely anyone else gets more than $13.25 other than possibly Leon. (Leon $13.5??? McDavid $14.25M????) What it does do however is pretty much ensure that Nylander will also ask for at least $10M and as a result is probably gone.
I think we should be expecting Draisaitl to sign for around 13 million and Mcdavid for around 14 million.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If I’m Marner I’m not signing for a penny less on the same term Matthews got. He’s honestly the better player IMO. Nylander probably a goner now too.

I’m a broken record on this, but Matthews and to a lesser extent Marner prioritize personal image, brand, and most importantly money above team or winning. Looks good on the Leafs that when they finally get a group of players actually worth a damn they happen to be prima donna “me first” clowns.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
If I’m Marner I’m not signing for a penny less on the same term Matthews got. He’s honestly the better player IMO. Nylander probably a goner now too.

I’m a broken record on this, but Matthews and to a lesser extent Marner prioritize personal image, brand, and most importantly money above team or winning. Looks good on the Leafs that when they finally get a group of players actually worth a damn they happen to be prima donna “me first” clowns.

What is Oilers fans obsession with saying Marner is better than Matthews? Seems like something I only ever hear from Oiler fans.

Reactions: JadedLeaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad