GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Pronger's wife is terrifying with all that work done to her face

IMG_9031.jpeg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Seattle is now capped out for this year. Next year they will have to shed about $4M just to keep this roster. I wonder if Yamamoto made smart choice going home. He's looking like he might be a 3/4th line tweener. It could be tough for him to show enough to be qualified.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Seattle is now capped out for this year. Next year they will have to shed about $4M just to keep this roster. I wonder if Yamamoto made smart choice going home. He's looking like he might be a 3/4th line tweener. It could be tough for him to show enough to be qualified.

They have a lot of expiring deals next year, the cap will dramatically increase and Yamo is only at 1.5 so his QO isn’t too bad. Depends how he does this year as he still has arbitration rights.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Yeah I wasn't expecting to get jump scared on HFBoards of all places tonight

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Excited to see the Kurashev arb number. McLeod should get a few hundred k more for sure, but it's a decent ballpark comp.

Reactions: McDoused

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I keep reading and hearing that Matthews wants a 3 year deal to maximize his next contract. Let's se how much Tre overpays him. Laughable that he will be the highest paid player in the league. They will never win with that "me first" guy. It trickles down the lineup.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They have a lot of expiring deals next year, the cap will dramatically increase and Yamo is only at 1.5 so his QO isn’t too bad. Depends how he does this year as he still has arbitration rights.
None of the players that are on expiring contracts other than possibly Driedger are players that they will want to lose. They have to deal with the fact that Beniers is likely to get at least $7M more next year so that eats up all their flexibility and more if he hits his bonuses this year. It may come down to Yamamoto vs Tolvanen.

Arbitration may not be his friend. Given that we are looking at $2M or more for McLeod's level of production Seattle may choose to not qualify him rather than risking a a bad arbitration decision.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
None of the players that are on expiring contracts other than possibly Driedger are players that they will want to lose. They have to deal with the fact that Beniers is likely to get at least $7M more next year so that eats up all their flexibility and more if he hits his bonuses this year. It may come down to Yamamoto vs Tolvanen.

Arbitration may not be his friend. Given that we are looking at $2M or more for McLeod's level of production Seattle may choose to not qualify him rather than risking a a bad arbitration decision.

True re; Beniers however I think they might part ways with Eberle if they can’t sign him to a bit less and Schultz along with Dreidger are probably not resigned. If Yamo is back to 20/20 he will be in that high 3 low 4 mark and probably a fan favorite. It will be interesting to see what happens with him and Seattles cap space going forward.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
True re; Beniers however I think they might part ways with Eberle if they can’t sign him to a bit less and Schultz along with Dreidger are probably not resigned. If Yamo is back to 20/20 he will be in that high 3 low 4 mark and probably a fan favorite. It will be interesting to see what happens with him and Seattles cap space going forward.
They could do any or all of these. I think moving on from Eberle would hurt their offense. Schultz might be less of an impact. Frankly it would be nice to get Eberle back with the Oilers on a low money deal but I don't see that happening. He's really rounded out his game.

For Yamo to get back to 20-20 he will have to play some top six minutes. But right now he is behind Eberle, Burakovski and Bjorkstrand on the right side. Seattle does not have a lot of depth up the middle but they are loaded with talented wingers.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They could do any or all of these. I think moving on from Eberle would hurt their offense. Schultz might be less of an impact. Frankly it would be nice to get Eberle back with the Oilers on a low money deal but I don't see that happening. He's really rounded out his game.

For Yamo to get back to 20-20 he will have to play some top six minutes. But right now he is behind Eberle, Burakovski and Bjorkstrand on the right side. Seattle does not have a lot of depth up the middle but they are loaded with talented wingers.

I think Eberle’s offence can be replaced with growth from Beniers and Wright, and possibly via free agency or trade. If Eberle is looking for $5M + AAV with term he might price himself out of Seattle.

Yeah I haven’t really looked at who Yamo will be playing behind but he will be in tough to crack the top 6.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I keep reading and hearing that Matthews wants a 3 year deal to maximize his next contract. Let's se how much Tre overpays him. Laughable that he will be the highest paid player in the league. They will never win with that "me first" guy. It trickles down the lineup.

I heard its 13.5M x 3 years.

Leaf fans are ready to blow their load and crown Treliving king.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It will be interesting to see what the Leafs do, even if they pay someone to take Murray at full hit they probably still need to move someone else and or run a short roster to get under the cap, they also have 13 NTC/NMC on their roster lol.

It’s looking like they’re going to have to move Nylander but everyone knows they need to move out cap before the season begins, they can’t retain or take any cap back really and he’s got a 10 team no trade list and is a UFA next summer. How good of value will they really get for him given the situation

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It will be interesting to see what the Leafs do, even if they pay someone to take Murray at full hit they probably still need to move someone else and or run a short roster to get under the cap, they also have 13 NTC/NMC on their roster lol.

It’s looking like they’re going to have to move Nylander but everyone knows they need to move out cap before the season begins, they can’t retain or take any cap back really and he’s got a 10 team no trade list and is a UFA next summer. How good of value will they really get for him given the situation

If they run a 20 man roster, which is easy for them as their AHL team is in Toronto, they send down Timmins and Knies and buyout Murray. That clears them by about $64k

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If they run a 20 man roster, which is easy for them as their AHL team is in Toronto, they send down Timmins and Knies and buyout Murray.
How are they going to buy out Murray? I may be wrong but I thought the buyout window is closed and I don’t think the Leafs have a rfa candidate to trigger another buyout window.

They’ll have to pay someone to take him and then run a 20 man roster, or trader Nylander.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
How are they going to buy out Murray? I may be wrong but I thought the buyout window is closed and I don’t think the Leafs have a rfa candidate to trigger another buyout window.

They’ll have to pay someone to take him and then run a 20 man roster, or trader Nylander.

I believe they get a second buyout window because of Samsonov's arbitration ruling today.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

They had a player file for arbitration (Samsonov) so they get another buyout window in a day or two that opens. Murray makes over $4M so he can be bought out or if his injured for the year put on LTIR. Either way Leafs aren’t going to be in as big a trouble as people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad