Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
boys, let’s be friends tonight and celebrate the death of massholes

One favor I ask: if you decide to come to sunrise, cheer and be yourself but just be respectful: I’ve loved every leafs fan I’ve met at a game and don’t want to hate y’all like I hate the Boston fan base after their behavior :)

Also I’m more afraid of y’all than I was of Boston ;)

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
No better sight than sad Bruins fans. heh.

chalmers-class-after-class.gif

Reactions: WillNy29

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

One favor I ask: if you decide to come to sunrise, cheer and be yourself but just be respectful: I’ve loved every leafs fan I’ve met at a game and don’t want to hate y’all like I hate the Boston fan base after their behavior :)

Congrats, what a win for you guys!

There are some ignorant losers in every fan base, just ignore them.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Well believe it or not but Boston has choked much worse before, back in 2010 against the Flyers, Boston was up 3-0 in games and then lost 3 straight to force game 7, then were winning that game 3-0 going into the third period and lost that game 4-3 and the series. Now that was the ultimate choke job. And the Leafs were the laughing stock after they choked one period away in game 7 against the Bruins.

Love it this year, Tampa gets embarrassed setting a new record of losing 3 straight home games in OT in the same series and now Boston. Gotta love karma.
Was going to post this. People asking if this was the biggest chokejob ever, but the Bruins already own that one from the Philly series. Somehow media talking heads seem to gloss over that in order to praise this Bruins core that acts like they've won 5 cups but only has one.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Congrats, what a win for you guys!

There are some ignorant losers in every fan base, just ignore them.
Eh when they’re surround you in a club suite at your home arena, tough to do :)

Anyways excited for another great series: and remember, if things don’t work out for y’all, you can always look at the Habs self destruct with the first round pick falling ;)

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I have admit, as much as I hate the Bruins I teared up a bit when Marchand and Bergeron were hugging and crying at the end there.

Good on the Panthers, what an upset. I grew to be a pretty big Tkachuk fan this series but we are going to HAAAAAATE him very soon.

Reactions: Menzinger
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
the one against philly is incredible.

boston was up three to zero in the series. flyers push it to game 7.

in game 7, boston was up three to zero. flyers win the game and series four to three.

Lol I forgot to add that one to my list, although Marchand wasn't around. As much praise as the Bruins have received over the years, they do own some epic collapses

Reactions: saffronleaf

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
24th I think

16 teams do not make the playoffs. So 16 + 8 (Boston best record of the 8 1st round exit teams) = 24th pick
It doesn’t go by round: it’s either you make the conference finals or not. So Florida pumped you up to 28!

Reactions: 6ix

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I’m sure he’s laughing after how the Jets season ended
Why did Maurice leave the Jets exactly? Did he quit on that team? I thought he needed to get away from hockey for a bit, but then he became the coach of the Panthers.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

I can attest to this, I used to live in Miami and went to a bunch of games in Sunrise wearing Leafs gear years ago. Never once had a single Panthers fan give me any shit.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

What a win!! Enjoy it!

Also, quite the turnaround for you guys. It looked really bad 1/3 through the season and I was little worried about the first rounder that the Habs own lol

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I have admit, as much as I hate the Bruins I teared up a bit when Marchand and Bergeron were hugging and crying at the end there.

Good on the Panthers, what an upset. I grew to be a pretty big Tkachuk fan this series but we are going to HAAAAAATE him very soon.

is there a video of marchand crying? gonna put it on a loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad