OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Oklahoma City is building a new arena. The current arena could become home to an AHL or ECHL team. With Houston and Atlanta at the front of the line for NHL expansion, the timing would just about line up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I have some heartbreaking news. I have joined a fantasy league for the first time in my life. So, yes, I will be one of those people who will see a player break his leg and instantly post "man this sucks for my fantasy team" on HFBoards.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I have some heartbreaking news. I have joined a fantasy league for the first time in my life. So, yes, I will be one of those people who will see a player break his leg and instantly post "man this sucks for my fantasy team" on HFBoards.
Usually people ruin their lives by joining a fantasy hockey league, and then joining HFB. You did it the other way around, but you got there.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My thought process is very consistent. If I see a space, I ask myself if a rink can go there. If there's already a rink there, I ask myself if they can have a team.

Reading this reminds me of why I think the long term future is in synthetic ice.

Last edited:

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
My thought process is very consistent. If I see a space, I ask myself if a rink can go there. If there's already a rink there, I ask myself if they can have a team.

Reading this reminds me of why I think the long term future is in synthetic ice.

I guess I'm OK with that, when I'm pushing up daisies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I guess I'm OK with that, when I'm pushing up daisies.
"As the flowing liquid in the pipes cools the ice slab, it absorbs thermal energy to itself. This means
that the temperature of the liquid increases. As the liquid flows through the refrigeration unit, the
thermal energy is absorbed into the refrigerant and the temperature of the cooling liquid decreases.
The temperature difference between the supply and return temperatures of is known as the delta-t
(Δt) of the indirect cooling system. This difference Δt is typically 2-4 degrees Celsius/Kelvin.

Delta t (Δt) must always be also taken into account when measuring the surface temperature of ice.
If the measuring point is just above the supplying pipeline, the temperature of the ice is lower than
just above the returning pipeline. It is not possible to give just one measurement number as the
temperature of the ice. Therefore, the surface temperature of the ice varies within the rink, and the
temperature rules are always only guidelines within which the highest temperature and the lowest
temperature must be kept."

vs.

Lego

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Renopucker

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Well, add in Zamboni and time spent cutting, watering, etc etc. and its clear that "lego" ice is much more eco friendly.
"As the flowing liquid in the pipes cools the ice slab, it absorbs thermal energy to itself. This means
that the temperature of the liquid increases. As the liquid flows through the refrigeration unit, the
thermal energy is absorbed into the refrigerant and the temperature of the cooling liquid decreases.
The temperature difference between the supply and return temperatures of is known as the delta-t
(Δt) of the indirect cooling system. This difference Δt is typically 2-4 degrees Celsius/Kelvin.

Delta t (Δt) must always be also taken into account when measuring the surface temperature of ice.
If the measuring point is just above the supplying pipeline, the temperature of the ice is lower than
just above the returning pipeline. It is not possible to give just one measurement number as the
temperature of the ice. Therefore, the surface temperature of the ice varies within the rink, and the
temperature rules are always only guidelines within which the highest temperature and the lowest
temperature must be kept."

vs.

Lego

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad