Value of: armia/mantha trade proposal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Headline says "currently being negotiated", article actually only says they "had a conversation", but has now "quieted down". Also.. Major? Must be a slow news year in Montreal.

Conversation

Caps: we’re making Mantha available

Habs: we’re interested, if you take Armia back

Caps: will you retain on Armia because of the 2nd year?

Habs: No. Forget about Armia. Will you give us a sweetener like a lottery protected 1st or a high 2nd to take Mantha?

Caps: No

Habs: Oh well, see ya at the next GM meetings

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I know Mantha disapointed, but Caps are finally done with him at the end of the year.

Habs have one of the worst offense in the NHL and Armia is in the minors

Why would Washington do it?

Viana for Mantha really was a dud in terms of either player catching on. Detroit won with the picks but man, Mantha had moments he looked like a young Lindros lite.

Reactions: Neil Racki and abo9

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
How about Mantha 25% retain with a 2nd pick for a 4th or 5th pick ? They clear 4M in cap space and lower their pick
This was proposed by a Habs fan. I don’t think Caps fans have any desire to give up picks to trade him away when they’re free of him after this season.

In case WSH wants to make another move to boost their offense, I don't know their situation, I am just looking for a trade that fits both team needs.
A more realistic scenario would be if they’re playoff bound at the deadline and trade him away, along with a pick, for an actual useful player that would help them for their playoff run. Not necessarily Henrique, but a player like that, who’s expiring and can help them with their playoff push.

Reactions: Maitz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This was proposed by a Habs fan. I don’t think Caps fans have any desire to give up picks to trade him away when they’re free of him after this season.

A more realistic scenario would be if they’re playoff bound at the deadline and trade him away, along with a pick, for an actual useful player that would help them for their playoff run. Not necessarily Henrique, but a player like that, who’s expiring and can help them with their playoff push.
Henrique is crap. He won't make a difference for the Capitals.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe you should read the entire sentence before responding…
He wouldn't help and neither would any player like him. They would need better scoring forwards than that to have a chance at a Cup. If they just want to make the playoffs someone like him might help.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
He wouldn't help and neither would any player like him. They would need better scoring forwards than that to have a chance at a Cup. If they just want to make the playoffs someone like him might help.
Plenty of teams pick up players at the deadline when they don’t look like they’re actual cup contenders, but merely fighting for a playoff spot. Anyone who gets in, has a shot. I disagree that he, or a player like him, wouldn’t help. Henrique, or a player like him, are good complementary players for a playoff run. He certainly does a lot more than Mantha does, so either way, it would make them a better team. He’s defensively sound and provides good secondary offense. Would they need more, probably, but that doesn’t mean he or a player like him is “crap” as you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad