Value of: armia/mantha trade proposal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
They're a bottom five roster so probably will need to tank or retool. All their old guys except ovy have fallen off completely with nothing coming through the system.
They have talent in the system. Not as much as other teams that have bottomed out before them. But they have talent.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I would do it as a habs fan, but i dont see it from the caps' point of view, unless they are tring to find 1.5 M (or whatever) space to make something else happen this year. Both players seem unmotivated to me, despite seemingly having all the assets a player should want. Maybe Mantha gets a kick in the pants from playing in montreal or from working with MSL? I dont see Armia doing the same with the caps though.

BTW, this was done before Proposal: - Armia for Mantha

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Armia has 2 years at 3.4$m and Mantha 1 at $5.7 m. Would either team consider as the players are each not performing. Both can possible rejuvinate their careers. Thoughts?-
lol. Not a chance Washington touches this trash. They get out of the Mantha contract after this season. Armia's stench lingers on the cap longer because he's not on an expiring deal.

Also... this frees up cap space for Washington this season... for what? They are clearly a lottery team. Who are they going to acquire for the balance of this season to take up that cap space they don't need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How about Mantha 25% retain with a 2nd pick for a 4th or 5th pick ? They clear 4M in cap space and lower their pick
What are they doing with that cap space? To get anybody worth while it's going to cost them even more assets. I just don't see it making sense right now.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
What are they doing with that cap space? To get anybody worth while it's going to cost them even more assets. I just don't see it making sense right now.
In case WSH wants to make another move to boost their offense, I don't know their situation, I am just looking for a trade that fits both team needs.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I suspect the GMs have a deal "on ice", if ever Washington needs cap space for another move, but until there's a real need for that capspace, why whould Washington take on a contract obligation for next season or give Montreal assets, just to clear space they wouldn't have use for ?

Given how Montreal and Washington have traded recently (Edmundson), I figure these GMs have some measure of trust, so a preliminary discussion must have occurred at the very least.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
what about this: Granland + 3rd to WASH, Mantha + 3rd to HABS, Armia + 2nd to Chicago.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Mantha has had such a disappointing career... if he gets another contract it'll be nowhere near $5M.
League min. Unless another gm is just drunk

Caps aren’t going to give anything away just to get rid of mantha in what looks like a bad year anyway. They are rid of his sorry ass anyway after the season. Totally useless player. Really is amazing

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Funny thing is Armia has been pretty good in the farm club and I have seen Mantha against the Habs and he was completely lifeless. I am not sure if he can be saved.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
How about Mantha for Silverberg? Both are in the last year of their really bad contracts. Change of scenery from one bad team to another.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yah know Armia had 2 bouts of Covid and we don't know if it messed up his cadiovascular or his respiratory systems. See Toews.
Then I guess the AHL demotion was his cure for long-COVID after all because he immediately started playing more motivated for Laval

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Armia has 2 years at 3.4$m and Mantha 1 at $5.7 m. Would either team consider as the players are each not performing. Both can possible rejuvinate their careers. Thoughts?-
Sounds even trade. Both are junk. But Canadiens have 10.5 million in caproom so they absorb Mantha extra 2.3 million hit this year. In return one less year of Armia.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Headline says "currently being negotiated", article actually only says they "had a conversation", but has now "quieted down". Also.. Major? Must be a slow news year in Montreal.

...I’m told the Habs did indeed have a conversation with the Washington Capitals about local boy Anthony Mantha and Montreal forward Joel Armia was part of the discussion, but I am not sure Washington would have been his final landing spot. Those talks have quieted down but could get revisited if the Capitals reengage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad