Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

A) it’s been 4 games
B) Pospisil has reinvigorated Huberdeau
C) We have Backlund and Kadri
D) We have a way bigger hole at LD currently.
E) Why can’t this organization just chill tf out for once. They can’t get out of their own way.

A) Seravalli is a joke.
B) It's been 4 games
C) If it's a young cheap RFA center that's still finding their footing with potential like Dach or Reinhart or Bennett I'm not opposed. Barett Hayton, Connor Geekie types. A top 10 C pick will go a long ways to improving the organization's depth there but even then you can never have too much center depth.

Reactions: Figgy44

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Well, they rebuilt for an entire 6 months, it's time to compete again.

If it wasn't for the terrible start last year, Conroy probably would have caved and ponied up for Lindholm.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

A) it’s been 4 games
B) Pospisil has reinvigorated Huberdeau
C) We have Backlund and Kadri
D) We have a way bigger hole at LD currently.
E) Why can’t this organization just chill tf out for once. They can’t get out of their own way.
A) It's Servalli
B) Seravalli is trash
C) Stop believing idiots like Seravalli

No if he said that was what we were looking for when being asked about Kadri and/or Andersson it might make sense.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
A) It's Servalli
B) Seravalli is trash
C) Stop believing idiots like Seravalli

No if he said that was what we were looking for when being asked about Kadri and/or Andersson it might make sense.

Whatever it is, I feel like it might have to be something crazy that's a heck of a swing for a young 2C with 1C potential to make sense. Unlikely, but if we pretended there was real smoke, it'd have to be crazy like that to make sense.

Basis of Anderson + Coleman for Cozens/Norris kind of crazy.

We get a young low end 1C at worst. Other team gets vets to round out their roster to contend ASAP. It's still a two steps back before one step forward type of move.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Ok sure. If the deal is Kadri+ for Cozens then that makes sense. A trade where another team’s GM is trying to save their job.

I just don’t think this organization has ever shown the long term vision to make that kind of deal. Especially when we look like we could compete for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Figgy44

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Flames have been trying to get a middle 6 center "in their age range" for the past half decade, this rumor pops up all the time. It proves to be a hard task to achieve if you aren't willing to part with the pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad