Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I'm pretty sure he'll be traded unless Conroy is instructed not to by Murray Edwards the owner. I imagine, at minimum they'll ask for a 1st and 2nd rnd pick plus a prospect.

IMO it'd be an RFA that's basically ready within 1-2 seasons for top 6 or top 4 duties and lesser emphasis on the picks. As @Ace Rimmer said, C with top line upside, but if a team doesn't have that, I think we would consider young dman with top pairing upside (need a couple year stop gap for Andersson if we trade him).

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Is andersson going to be traded? what would the flames eventually want?
Given how the Flames operate and how they've approached this "rebuild", they'll almost certainly try to re-sign Andersson first. Which means any potential trade is pushed to next summer at the earliest, depending on if/how Andersson refuses to re-sign.

But if a GM wants to blow Conroy's socks off with an offer he can't refuse, then anything's possible. It'd have to be substantial though - like a young cost controlled potential top six center plus picks. Even next year as a pending UFA Andersson should still garner a Lindholm-like return.

I doubt Yzerman is the type of GM to pay the price to get Andersson in a trade regardless though.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Given how the Flames operate and how they've approached this "rebuild", they'll almost certainly try to re-sign Andersson first. Which means any potential trade is pushed to next summer at the earliest, depending on if/how Andersson refuses to re-sign.

But if a GM wants to blow Conroy's socks off with an offer he can't refuse, then anything's possible. It'd have to be substantial though - like a young cost controlled potential top six center plus picks. Even next year as a pending UFA Andersson should still garner a Lindholm-like return.

I doubt Yzerman is the type of GM to pay the price to get Andersson in a trade regardless though.

Thanks all for the feedback. I would think you are right about Yzerman but I personally think Andersson would be a great fit in detroit.

Id stop short of offering Kasper or Danielson and a 1st but would (reluctantly) be okay with trading one of those pieces and some other pieces (2nd/other prospects) to get the deal done.

Kasper or Danielson would really hurt to give up so id prefer a 1st being the main piece going back to Calgary. I am sure you guys would feel the exact opposite of me on that and would focus on one of those prospects :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad