Speculation: Armchair GM 2023-24 Season. If we can't say "Rebuild" what do we call it?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Monahan comes back on July 1. Yes or No?

I miss him.
Was discussing this with one of my coworkers today.

I would do it but on a similar thing that Montreal did with him last year (1 year reasonable price deal, with the agreement that come trade deadline we would look at moving him as a rental to a contender). If rumours are true and we do trade Kadri, we absolutely need someone like Monahan because our only full-season natural center on the team would be Backlund (with Rango, Zary, and Pospisil all having spent limited time last year as C's)

I'd be okay with a cheaper medium term contract (like 3 years or so) if he was okay with taking on a leadership role through the rebuild (cheaper like maybe 3 mil/year type thing).

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Monahan comes back on July 1. Yes or No?

I miss him.
Sure. In fact, let's get the band back together.

Sign Monahan, Lindholm, Zadorov. Re-sign Kylington.

Huberdeau - Monahan - Kuzmenko
Sharangovich - Kadri - Lindholm
Zary - Backlund - Coleman
Pelletier - Pospisil - Coronato

Kylington - Weegar
Zadorov - Andersson
Miromanov - Bahl

Vladar/Wolf

lol

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I'd prefer Boqvist who is 23 and being waived for a buyout

I’m liking the idea of Boqvist as a buy low candidate. We have plenty of opportunity available on our blue line, tons if Kylington walks or Andersson is traded. Swedish factor, RHD with PP/offensive abilities. Wonder if he’d go for $1.5-1.75m x 2? Carry us over until Parekh, Bru, etc. start to transition into the lineup.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If I’m Conroy, I would move out Pelletier for some 2025 futures. I’m bearish on his chances long-term as an NHLer

Reactions: Nanuuk

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Signing Monahan, DeBrusk, & Duclair to block the development of Zary, Coronato, & Pelletier would be very on brand for the Flames.

I think you want one guy maybe to add to this group to just keep this ship going in a positive direction. We’ll be bad with or without a Duclair or DeBrusk, but it brings in another pro that can shoulder that losing instead of the young guys that’ll be coming up.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Tanev for 1 x 6.5, get er done

No chance he is doing it. I would love that and gain another second at the TDL.

If I’m Conroy, I would move out Pelletier for some 2025 futures. I’m bearish on his chances long-term as an NHLer
Agreed, he is a floater- nice guy though.

Sure. In fact, let's get the band back together.

Sign Monahan, Lindholm, Zadorov. Re-sign Kylington.

Huberdeau - Monahan - Kuzmenko
Sharangovich - Kadri - Lindholm
Zary - Backlund - Coleman
Pelletier - Pospisil - Coronato

Kylington - Weegar
Zadorov - Andersson
Miromanov - Bahl

Vladar/Wolf

lol
Lindholm=> 1 year at 8mil- sure, why not.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I predict we sign following -

1. G Martin Jones - #3G
2. LD Dimitri Kulikov
3. RW Viktor Arvidsson
Haven’t heard many people talk about it but Arvidsson on a 1-2 year ‘show me’ deal would be a genius move all around. We can afford to pay up and put him in a great spot to succeed, he can help keep Coronato insulated if he isn’t ready, and with retention we could get some pretty nice assets from him if needed. Whether you want us to be bad or not, the Flames goal through this re-tool should be to score goals at a high rate to inflate values. A balanced top 9 of the following will definitely score goals, and would put some people in great spots as trade chips:
Huberdeau-Zary-Sharangovich
Kuzmenko-Kadri-Arvidsson
Coleman-Backlund-Coronato

I’d still rather Duclair to help revitalize Huberdeau, but I think Arvidsson could be a solid second on the wishlist.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'd give him one more year, last year was a write off with his early injury. He brings a ton of energy and tenacity to the bottom 6.
I thought he was okay with Huberdeau two years ago. Good energy like you said.

Count me in for giving him another year, but I think you have two options to manage his role:

1. You leave the roster as is today (or ideally make a subtraction). No F FA adds. This allows Pelletier a potential spot in the top 9.

2. You look at a better option at 4C than Rooney (on top of the other potential F adds). Rumoured have the Flames adding at F tomorrow, which without any subtractions probably pushes both Pelletier and Coronato down to the 4th line. Playing promising young players with guys like Rooney seems like history repeating itself. There’s not many options in FA, but I’m curious about an option of a Pelletier-Pospisil-Coronato line.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think Barrett Hayton could make some nice sense for where we are. Hoping he’s a serious target. Had a 43 point year as a 22 year old before a down year last year.

Edit: apparently the report he didn’t get a QO was incorrect

Last edited:
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay