Proposal: Arizona-Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't quite think so. Posters from both sides are over valuing their players. Neither Tanev or Murphy are top pairing Dman, and the rest of the players are all potential. I don't think either team makes this trade because of the unknown. Maybe in a year we would have a better idea who was right.

Tanev is definitely a top pairing defensemen.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I swear people don't even watch him and make judgements about him...

Well, they simply don't. It's all stat watching. They see low production and assume average defender. The defensive defensemen is starting to gain a lot of value these days with analytics being able to show how much they actually influence a game.

Tanev is a top aspiring defensemen according to the analytics and the eye test as well.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Murphy has also been playing the role of defensive defenseman. And his learning curve has been astoundingly sharp. Kid barely even had an amateur career due to injuries. Had an extremely abbreviated minor league career (30 something games) and has done the lion's share of his developing in the NHL. Half of it on an NHL first pairing as the perfect compliment to OEL.

Think about that. An extremely inexperienced green horn of a 22 year old who's still an underdeveloped bean-pole was the rock-solid defender that OEL needed on the top pairing so he could roam free and do his thing. That gives him unbelievable upside on top of being extremely valuable right now, as-is.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Murphy<Tanev
Merkley+Perlini>>>>>>>>>Gaunce
End of story

Perlini and Merkley are both mediocre prospects. None of them have done anything that Gaunce hasn't accomplished. Besides Perlini doing nothing at wjc. Neither of Perlini or Merkley would fetch a pick in rhe first round. Both their progress has either been stagnant or regressive.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don't quite think so. Posters from both sides are over valuing their players. Neither Tanev or Murphy are top pairing Dman, and the rest of the players are all potential. I don't think either team makes this trade because of the unknown. Maybe in a year we would have a better idea who was right.

Tanev was the top pairing on team Canada with reilly and they didn't surrender a goal against the entire tournament while they were on the ice.

Im gonna lean towards him being a top pairing D-man.

Plus there is no use to make a poll, as it is already done. A majority of people think he is a "2"

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2086161

Last edited:

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
Tanev is absolutely, undoubtedly a top-pairing D.

Sharks fan here I come in peace. Tanev is young and a good player but also take into account that most teams have more than one "tanev" on their team therefore just because he's the best you got doesn't mean he's a "top pairing defender" on most teams. Better than Murphy I'm guessing yes but compared to the Sharks D tanev would be bottom pairing. Only real deal to be made is a deadline deal from someone offering prospects and picks in return. Your number 1 dman is easily not number 1/2/3/4 on some teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad