Proposal: Arizona-Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
keep throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks, you end up with a messy floor!

Like most of your proposals, it doesn't make sense to both teams. The Coyotes haven't giving up on Murphy, and expect his development to continue. With the acquisition of Gudbranson, the Canucks don't need Murphy as much as Tanev (he is more valuable to the Canucks roster than if he was on the Coyotes).

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Huge no from the Coyotes. There isn't a huge gap between Murphy and Tanev currently and Murphy is a lot younger with potential.

Perlini is arguably the Coyotes third best prospect. 2 years younger than Gaunce, drafted higher. There's no reason to move him for Gaunce.

And Merkley is just a gift for the Canucks.

Coyotes don't benefit at all from this.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tanev is an upgrade, but Gaunce doesn't do much for me. Wouldn't add Perlini and Merkley to bridge the gap. Murphy looked fine on the top pairing. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Especially at the price of Perlini and Merkley.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
One of the best defensive defensemen in the league on a great contract do not come cheap. Look at what Larsson got. Top pairing RHD are worth an arm and a leg and then some. Canucks certainly aren't looking at trading Tanev, that'd be catastrophic.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
It would make no sense for the Coyotes to give up 3 young players to get an older one when they're rebuilding.

Their GM isn't Benning who is against rebuilds...

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
So 26 years old is too old for a rebuilding team. Gotcha.

26 isn't that old but it is older than 23. Why would a rebuilding team make that trade? When teams are rebuilding they don't give up young assets to get older. Especially when they don't have many young players at that position and when the player they're giving up has a real chance of being better by the time he is that age.

If that doesn't make sense, then can you tell me why the Coyotes would make this trade??

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Huge no from the Coyotes. There isn't a huge gap between Murphy and Tanev currently and Murphy is a lot younger with potential.

Perlini is arguably the Coyotes third best prospect. 2 years younger than Gaunce, drafted higher. There's no reason to move him for Gaunce.

Lol that is such a joke. Tanev is a top 5 defensive defenceman in the league. Tanev is one of the best at shot suppression while Murphy is below average. Tanev put up more points than Murphy as well but who really cares. Tanev is by far better and would be an amazing partner for OEL. Those two together would be incredible.

Also 3 years isn't "a lot younger".

Btw Perlini is trash and regressed hard, huge longshot to make the NHL. Gaunce put up a better PPG than Perlini while playing the AHL. Strome, Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun. How is he your 3rd best prospect? lol

Merkley isn't bad but once again he regressed this year as well.

Last edited:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Lol that is such a joke. Tanev is a top 5 defensive defenceman in the league. Tanev is one of the best at shot suppression while Murphy is below average. Tanev put up more points than Murphy as well but who really cares. Tanev is by far better and would be an amazing partner for OEL. Those two together would be incredible.

Also 3 years isn't "a lot younger".

Btw Perlini is trash and regressed hard, huge longshot to make the NHL. Gaunce put up a better PPG than Perlini while playing the AHL. Strome, Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun. How is he your 3rd best prospect? lol

Merkley isn't bad but once again he regressed this year as well.

And Murphy has Tanev beat in Corsi and Fenwick. Whoopdeedooo. While Tanev is better he isn't two former 1st round picks better. Murphy also just finished only his second full season he still has a lot of room to grow and has done well with OEL....

And you saying Perlini is trash completely discredits any of your opinions.

And I said "arguably third best" Maybe you should look up what that word means...

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
And Murphy has Tanev beat in Corsi and Fenwick. Whoopdeedooo. While Tanev is better he isn't two former 1st round picks better. Murphy also just finished only his second full season he still has a lot of room to grow and has done well with OEL....

And you saying Perlini is trash completely discredits any of your opinions.

And I said "arguably third best" Maybe you should look up what that word means...

What stats are you looking at? Murphy had a CF% of 46.4 and Tanev had 49.4. I guess you are using CF60 but you should use that stat in conjunction with CA60. Murphy's CA60 is much higher, which makes sense because Tanev is the superior shot suppressor and defenceman.

Sure he has done well with OEL, but could you imagine Tanev with OEL, that is by far worth giving up 2 former first rounders that have regressed for. Especially when you are getting Gaunce back as well.

Perlini isn't "arguably" your 3rd best prospect. No one in their right mind would take him over Strome, Keller or Dvorak. Not even close. I would also like to know how you think Perlini isn't bad. If you look back to past years prospects who regress in their +2 draft year are extreme longshots to make the NHL. If Perlini is traded it will not be for much and his status of "former first round pick" wont mean anything.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
What stats are you looking at? Murphy had a CF% of 46.4 and Tanev had 49.4. I guess you are using CF60 but you should use that stat in conjunction with CA60. Murphy's CA60 is much higher, which makes sense because Tanev is the superior shot suppressor and defenceman.

Sure he has done well with OEL, but could you imagine Tanev with OEL, that is by far worth giving up 2 former first rounders that have regressed for. Especially when you are getting Gaunce back as well.

Perlini isn't "arguably" your 3rd best prospect. No one in their right mind would take him over Strome, Keller or Dvorak. Not even close. I would also like to know how you think Perlini isn't bad. If you look back to past years prospects who regress in their +2 draft year are extreme longshots to make the NHL. If Perlini is traded it will not be for much and his status of "former first round pick" wont mean anything.

I'd rather keep the 3 players then trade them for Tanev. Notice how no other Coyotes fan is jumping on this?

Do you know what 3rd means? It means after two others. Strome, Dvorak, Perlini. Perlini is closer to the NHL, so he arguably can be put as #3 over Keller.

Perlini was in a bad situation junior, look it up. Bad team. I believe he switched wings and struggled. At the WJC he looked good, in rookie camp he looked good. He is not a bad player.

And if Perlinis value is supposedly so low according to you, why would the Coyotes just throw him away if he hasn't played pro yet?

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
I'd rather keep the 3 players then trade them for Tanev. Notice how no other Coyotes fan is jumping on this?

Do you know what 3rd means? It means after two others. Strome, Dvorak, Perlini. Perlini is closer to the NHL, so he arguably can be put as #3 over Keller.

Perlini was in a bad situation junior, look it up. Bad team. I believe he switched wings and struggled. At the WJC he looked good, in rookie camp he looked good. He is not a bad player.

And if Perlinis value is supposedly so low according to you, why would the Coyotes just throw him away if he hasn't played pro yet?

The trade is 3 for 2. And in reality it is 1 NHLer for 1 NHLer with some mediocre prospects thrown in.

Perlini over Keller is just ridiculous. It doesn't matter if one if closer to the NHL than the other, Keller is still the better prospect.

Yes Perlini's team wasn't very high scoring but they were 35-26 and Ho-Sang managed to put up 82 in 66. Then they made it to OHL Finals, how does that classify as a "bad team"?

I'm not suggesting they should trade him away, all I'm saying is if they were he wouldn't be worth anything.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams

I think the same can be said for both sides. I don't think it's a deal that both clubs would make tbh.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Perlini always looks good at camps and preseason. No question that he hasn't put up the numbers you'd like. Will he bust? Quite possibly. He's got the size and speed to be an NHL player in some capacity, though, and as I said he always looks good at camp. I understand why other teams might not give up much for him, but I don't think he's a throw away either.

Alexander Edler

Dec 9, 2015
Vancouver BC
Tanev is 1 of the Defensive Defensemen in the league we wouldnt trade him for anything near this. Duclair Strome or Keller would have to be a start and canucks would want Arizona to add

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

:facepalm:

giphy.gif

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tanev is the best player in this deal by far. No skin in the game, in my view the Nucks get screwed hard.

I would put Tanev as one of the top #2's in the entire league. He lacks the offensive production to be a true #1, but as a top pairing #2, he's among the best in the league.

I hate the Canucks, they are a major rival but I call things how I see it. Tanev is a stud. He's absolutely one of the top defensive Dmen in the NHL. Bona fide top pairing #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad