Proposal: Arizona offersheet Kucherov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Say if they offer 7,5+, can Tampa match that? Look like anything over 7 will be a big problem for Tampa?
Could the Vermette buyout be a way for them to save $ so they can try to land Kucherov? They have all the picks to do it. Very high chance of Tampa losing Kucherov, Johnson or Palat but Kucherov is the most important for them imo. Would be fun if Chayka tried to make it happen, more fun when teams offersheet each other

Between 7,5-9,3 the compensation is two 1st, one 2nd and one 3rd.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Great player, but I'd be quite surprised if Arizona was willing to make a sub-six foot, left-shot winger their highest paid player. They're chock full of these in the system with Domi, Duclair, Rieder, Keller, and Merkley. Obviously none are as good as Kucherov but it's still a darn good batch of players with similar styles and characteristics. Teams don't generally choose to define themselves by their bunches and bunches of sub-six foot, finesse wingers.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Tampa matches just about anything and makes moves to facilitate that signing. Kucherov will not be leaving TB.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Tampa has 6.5m in cap space. If Kucherov got an offer sheet for 7.5-9 mill, Tampa can match it, and have the rest of the summer to figure out a deal to move a lesser player/contract (Boyle/Coburn/someone else?)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tampa probably matches whatever. If not, they would probably be pretty happy to get two top 10 picks as consolation.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I could see an 8m offer sheet here. Kucherov is definitely worth it. Make Tampa figure it out!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Only way Tampa does not match is maybe if the comp level is
the 4 1st RD picks..

Over $7,510,464 to $9,388,080 Two First Rounds, Second Round, and Third Round
Over $9,388,080 Four First Rounds

I would probably not match in this range.
I'd take the picks and give Drouin a bigger role.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Tampa will figure it out. Can't see any situation where they lose him.

Wouldn't doubt if Chayka sends one his way though

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kucherov probably could get something at least somewhat close to that from his current team. And Tampa would almost certainly match it.

Vlad Tarasenko is probably the top end comparable.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Chayka would be dumb to even send one out.

If you were to get a new job, don't show up breaking all the protocols and "unwritten rules" of the company you now work for. Don't make your new co-workers think you're a jackass.

Chayka had a very good offseason so far, with signings and the draft. If he expects to take the Yotes to contender status under his jurisdiction, he needs the goodwill of a bunch of old men who justifiable are hesitant to give respect to a 27-year-old GM, no matter how good he can read analytics.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
If Arizona was actually hoping to get Kucherov in the 2x1st, 2nd, & 3rd compensation range they would craft the offer closer to the top of that bracket (~$9 million). I think Yzerman matches anything below 4x1sts compensation. Offseason cap overage allows him to match anything and figure out a way to accommodate it after. +$10 million AAV and the decision becomes much more difficult.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Great player, but I'd be quite surprised if Arizona was willing to make a sub-six foot, left-shot winger their highest paid player. They're chock full of these in the system with Domi, Duclair, Rieder, Keller, and Merkley. Obviously none are as good as Kucherov but it's still a darn good batch of players with similar styles and characteristics. Teams don't generally choose to define themselves by their bunches and bunches of sub-six foot, finesse wingers.

Merkley is RH, but yeah, not the player we need

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Just a reminder that compensation is total dollars divided by 5 years or less. 7.5 x 7 = 4 1st round picks.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't see him accepting a deal less than 7 years. So, this is more likely to be in the 4 1st area. I don't see any team having a shot at only giving up 2 1st.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

Chicago is a team with quite a few wingers under six feet, with their best and highest paid player being a sub six foot left handed finesse player

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005

Not a fan of offer sheets but they are entertaining. Cant see a team offering over 9.3 million. That's insane money.

If I were to do this it would be 7.5 aav for 5 years. Comp is a 1st 2nd and 3rd. Does Tampa match? It will be very hard for them to match that.

Before doing this though I would try to work out a trade with Tampa. Have leverage with an offersheet, pay a little more than the compensation, and not look like a Dbag to the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad