Value of: ARI - Clayton Keller

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
keller is nearly a top 10 winger in the league and has an incredible contract. i guess he could move because anything is possible with arizona but i'd expect something like four first round picks kind of value

Reactions: Nowotny

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He’s an above PPG 1st liner, we have 0 of them. Berggrens absolute best case is Keller, his likey case is a 60pt guy, Johansson will be a #4, and the 1st can be anything. Would you do a 2nd line winger + #4D + 1st for an elite 1st line winger? I would.
your saying berggren best case is keller...so why would you make the trade for keller when you already have his ability on the team? Why wouldn't you just want both?

Ogee's makes more sense, although I still think it is a lot to give, but I would still do it.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
IF the Coyotes luck out in the lottery then any talk of trading Keller is mute.

They will have a formidable young forward core with ppg Keller and Bedard leading the way.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Not available. 85 points at age 24 with a limited supporting cast coming off a horrific injury. One of the 15 highest scoring players in the entire NHL the second half of the season. No indication he is anything but committed to what Armstrong and Tourigny have developing. Signed for 5 more years through his peak at a deal that is only going to look better and better.

Zero reason the Coyotes would consider moving him for anything you might see as reasonable.

Ledge And Dairy

How is this brutal for Ott ? Ott is getting the younger better player in Keller.
6 months younger is laughable attempt at using "younger" as an argument.

Also better? Over the last 4 years Keller has 96 goals and 227 points in 274 games. DeBrincat has 118 goals and 245 points in 285 games. If we go with a 3 year window the difference in points per game is still roughly the same. This season is literally the only season in both players NHL careers where Keller has out produced DeBrincat since their rookie years and the difference is one player was moved to a brand new team and the other wasn't.

Now I am not taking shots at Keller but its mind blowing how much recency bias effects peoples perspectives

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
6 months younger is laughable attempt at using "younger" as an argument.

Also better? Over the last 4 years Keller has 96 goals and 227 points in 274 games. DeBrincat has 118 goals and 245 points in 285 games. If we go with a 3 year window the difference in points per game is still roughly the same. This season is literally the only season in both players NHL careers where Keller has out produced DeBrincat since their rookie years and the difference is one player was moved to a brand new team and the other wasn't.

Now I am not taking shots at Keller but its mind blowing how much recency bias effects peoples perspectives
I would rather have Keller over DeBrincat period and i think there would be a few other posters that would to but ya that's because we are Bias.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
your saying berggren best case is keller...so why would you make the trade for keller when you already have his ability on the team? Why wouldn't you just want both?

Ogee's makes more sense, although I still think it is a lot to give, but I would still do it.
We don’t have his ability on the team. We have a guy in Berggren who has a n extremely low chance to become somehting like him.

Obviously I’d love to keep both but you have to give to get. Arizona is going to want more than just picks.

Ledge And Dairy

I would rather have Keller over DeBrincat period and i think there would be a few other posters that would to but ya that's because we are Bias.
You are more than welcome to prefer one over the other as they are pretty similar caliber players from the same draft year. Just don't make dumb comments about one being "younger and better" because that is negligible and debatable respectively

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Imagine what Keller could do in a good team with good partners.
We'll find out next year, when Connor Bedard and Logan Cooley both join Kells in the Coyotes top 6.
At what point will Coyotes stop selling every good player they have as they enter their primes and actually build a hockey team for their prospects to develop within?
As soon as Detroit fans stop making trade threads about our best players.
The Coyotes 30 year rebuild continues
Coyotes were in the playoffs three seasons ago.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
The funny thing about off-season trades is players usually go for less than people on this board think they will.

Look at Fiala. Faber + a 1st. That is the quality of player Keller is and that’s his ballpark value.

2 1sts, a potential 2nd and 2 young players that might only need a fresh start is a solid trade.
I agree that Fiala.and Keller are close in value, but at the same time, I don't know if there's a general manager that takes Fiala over Keller. He does more with less and I think he'd demand more than what Fiala got.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I genuinely don't see any incentive for the Yotes to move Keller. He's still young, he's hugely productive and a major weapon for them, and he's under team control for a bunch more years on a great contract. Why would they deal him?

Reactions: Cowumbus

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
lets say Habs pick #5/6 + prospect would that be enough for Keller?

trade Florida's pick + for Dubois

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller
Slafkovsky - Dach - Caufield

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Schmaltz is a more realistic target, I think he could be had for a very reasonable price as his cap hit is ~$500k-$1M too much and he has quite a bit of term still. Not a cap dump level player by any means but I would think Arizona would be comfy moving him for a very reasonable return based on his pricetag vs impact.

Detroit might see him as a target to be a top 6 RW for them once Perron is flipped for assets next season? Just spitballing.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
lets say Habs pick #5/6 + prospect would that be enough for Keller?

trade Florida's pick + for Dubois

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller
Slafkovsky - Dach - Caufield
No.

Keller, coming off his best season last year (before breaking his femur) committed fully to the rebuild. How did he respond? Massive rehab in the long offseason and returns for game 1 this season and goes better than ppg. Signed for 5 more years on a good contract.

Curious, would you trade either of Suzuki or Caulfield for Zach Benson?

Reactions: Nowotny and ck26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad