Are we in Canada paranoid about 2026 or should we not be worried?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lafreniere is at 5 points in 4 games. I haven't seen the Rangers games myself other than seeing Laf's nice goal against the Pens but I'd say that's a pretty good start anyway. Considering a year ago people thought he was a bust. I didn't, I saw him as a guy still waiting to hit his stride.
He’s the second best forward on the Rangers offensively, but poor attention to detail and some effort issues defensively. He got replaced last night defending against the empty net by Will Cuylle, who is only 22, but plays a more mature defensive game. The defense is made worse by that Panarin plays on the same line and has big time defensive effort issues. But those two are magic offensively with creating, and Trocheck babysits their tendencies. Will be a top 5 offensive line this season in the league. TBD if top 5 overall because they give up a lot too.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Despite Mark Stone looking like a pylon these past playoffs, he still continues to be productive. I would not hesitate to put him alongside a Brayden Point for a shutdown line. Point is arguably a better center than Eichel and brings more speed then what Stone is accustomed to.

Ideally, would love to see Jarvis or Cozens to step up and fill Stone’s shoes on the RW, but Stone is still such a dog and high IQ player out there. The young guns NEED to step up

I think everyone on this thread would agree that naming Brad Marchand as one of the first 6 is Canada’s first mistake. Watching the last 2 Bruins games, he’s still an effective player but naming someone like a Devon Toews, Josh Morrissey, Shea Theodore, Mitch Marner or Mat Barzal might have been a safer choice.

I also think Canada missed out on someone like a Hagel or Konency to fill Marchand’s shoes. Both have and are putting up similar numbers to Marchand, have similar minutes and fill the same roles as him. Hagel looked GREAT these past World Championships

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Oct 20 / 24 (ORRFF Stats Watch) :

* Mark Scheifele with his 5th goal.

* Josh Morrisey playing well.

I am not seeing room for Scheifele on the team to be honest. He just falls into a numbers game I think. Probably makes any other country's team. Might make it if they want to slide him on RW, which is entirely possible. That I can see. But as a centre he couldn't crack the team. Then again there is some pressure on the RW side too. Reinhart is likely to be there, they could put anyone of Bedard or MacKinnon over there. Stone might fit in as a defensive winger. You never know. Scheifele shoots right so he could be that piece they want in there. Good size too.

Reactions: ORRFForever

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Oct 20 / 24 (ORRFF Stats Watch) :

* Mark Scheifele with his 5th goal.

* Josh Morrisey playing well.
I really like this Canadian player " ticker" you have going here

It's just a shame you never have any goalie performances to announce on here. You would really have to stretch positivity to do that though, something along the lines of.." jarry let's in only 4 goals tonight instead of 6, he's on fire!!"

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I really like this Canadian player " ticker" you have going here

It's just a shame you never have any goalie performances to announce on here. You would really have to stretch positivity to do that though, something along the lines of.." jarry let's in only 4 goals tonight instead of 6, he's on fire!!"
Maybe. Good idea. :)

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad