Are we in Canada paranoid about 2026 or should we not be worried?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
*in my best "dey tuk r jawbs voice* Awwww yea! Canada allreddy skeer'd and makin 'scuses! MURICA! Wuts that? I CANT HEER U OVER THA SOUND OF THESE AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Good luck dealing with the Tkachuk's, Hughes', Sanderson, McAvoy, Matthews and anyone else I forgot off the top of my head
Of the players you mention, outside of Matthew Tkachuk (coincidentally the only one of these players that experienced the grind of a CHL playoffs), these players have either never made the playoffs or going missing in the biggest moments. Sure it’s a skilled group but it’s not built around winners

• Love
Reactions: ORRFForever

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
*in my best "dey tuk r jawbs voice* Awwww yea! Canada allreddy skeer'd and makin 'scuses! MURICA! Wuts that? I CANT HEER U OVER THA SOUND OF THESE AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN!!

200w.gif

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I dno't think he was ever considered a realistic option for our Olympic team.

And yeah, certainly not now. :laugh:

Imagine being the agent for Darnell Nurse. Imagine being able to tell potential clients you got Darnell Nurse a $74,000,000 contract. :bow:

Imagine the bragging rights.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Of the players you mention, outside of Matthew Tkachuk (coincidentally the only one of these players that experienced the grind of a CHL playoffs), these players have either never made the playoffs or going missing in the biggest moments. Sure it’s a skilled group but it’s not built around winners
Speaking of winners...

Carter Verhaeghe has to be on our Best on Best.​

Reactions: Mathieukferland

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This guy must be the Scott Boras of hockey player agents.

No clue how he swindled the Oilers so badly :laugh:
It's insane. Whenever something goes wrong for the Oilers, # 25 is standing there looking stupid. EVERY TIME!!!

1717009179917.png

I don't know if the Oilers can buy Nurse out but Katz is NOT poor and he should just do what it takes to get that guy off the books and off the ice.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This guy must be the Scott Boras of hockey player agents.

No clue how he swindled the Oilers so badly :laugh:
Another goal while Nurse is on the ice - Nurse's man (Stankoven) tips it off Nurse's butt. LOL.

I give up. It's heartbreaking and Sean Hannity calls. Someone P.M. me if Edmonton comes back. :cry:

Last edited:

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Yes, you are.

Canada is by far the best. The only real competition is USA (if they have a good year).

Sweden and Finland (and Russia, if they'll even play) are a step behind.

Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia are multiple steps behind. The rest is even worse.

Sweden probably has best D on paper. Nobody has the dominant two way center depth that Finland has. Both will be very difficult to play against.

On paper it's easy if you just add NHL points. On the ice it's different head to head.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Wait... What?

What about it? Pretty self explanatory. Florida runs through Barkov. Hintz leads Dallas top line. Aho leads canes.

That's a lot of puck dominance both ways, opponents don't often outplay any of those matchups, do they?

Then there's Lundell in FLA..

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What about it? Pretty self explanatory. Florida runs through Barkov. Hintz leads Dallas top line. Aho leads canes.

That's a lot of puck dominance both ways, opponents don't often outplay any of those matchups, do they?

Then there's Lundell in FLA..
All terrific players but Canada breeds (like rabbits) 200 foot 2 way centers.

Anyway, I don't want to argue so... Good Luck to Finland and be well. :)

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
All terrific players but Canada breeds (like rabbits) 200 foot 2 way centers.

Anyway, I don't want to argue so... Good Luck to Finland and be well. :)

Definitely but we're talking depth of only 4. Barkov was the clear selke winner, Hintz was like 6th in selke voting and Aho is great at it too.

Of course in total numbers Finland will have much less 2 way centers in the league than Canada or USA but in the top 4 quality as far as 2 way play is concerned, this seems like the top group. Pure offensive production probably goes to the other center groups.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Another goal while Nurse is on the ice - Nurse's man (Stankoven) tips it off Nurse's butt. LOL.

I give up. It's heartbreaking and Sean Hannity calls. Someone P.M. me if Edmonton comes back. :cry:
Wow... they came back. It was 4-2 and I went for a one hour walk figuring Edmonton would blow it. Happy to be wrong!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad