Speculation: Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 132 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes, they will.

They may even make it out of the first round.

Given everything - the return of #37 & #46, Montgomery's debut, Zachar/Lysell and other prospect potential - it should be an interesting, fun seasons. I look forward to it with a measure of excitement.

After that...
I think the season start will be a challenge but once Brad and Mac return, I have hope they will look good

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
100% They will make the playoffs, add Krecji and a full year of Hampus that alone makes playoffs a slam dunk, Swayman has another year under his belt, Carlo a grizzled veteran now etc etc. New coach will be a huge plus not because I think Cassidy was a bad coach, but seems like players ''checked'' out on him a bit, it happens so I believe entire team will be invigorated by new coach even if he isnt better than Bruce, i'm actually excited about this season.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Going to have to find some secondary scoring but a lot of it will depend on how much Ottawa and Detroit have improved (among others). It'll be very competitive in the division and they will have to come out on the right side of many a close game, especially early on.
Considering the injuries and time needed Taylor Hall will have to become the Taylor Hall he can be now that he has a center again. Assuming it's Hall Krejci Pasta, they will have to dominate as a top line until Marchand is 100% and then Zacha or somebody else will have to fill the void.
IF Smith, Foligno, or someone else steps up and gives us a third line threat we will be just fine.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Going to have to find some secondary scoring but a lot of it will depend on how much Ottawa and Detroit have improved (among others). It'll be very competitive in the division and they will have to come out on the right side of many a close game, especially early on.
Considering the injuries and time needed Taylor Hall will have to become the Taylor Hall he can be now that he has a center again. Assuming it's Hall Krejci Pasta, they will have to dominate as a top line until Marchand is 100% and then Zacha or somebody else will have to fill the void.
IF Smith, Foligno, or someone else steps up and gives us a third line threat we will be just fine.
There's definitely a lot of 'ifs' going into this season.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’ll be an interesting year either way.

If they missed the playoffs I wouldn’t really be surprised.

If they went out in the third round I also wouldn’t really be surprised.

They’re a hard team to handicap right now.

I am looking forward to seeing how they play under a new HC. Nothing against Cassidy either.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not at all worried about Hall. 61 points last season without a center. 70+ this season. Book it.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but it's all going to depend on how they do while Marchand. McAvoy and the others are out. that start might put them behind the 8-ball enough that if Krejci isn't close to what he was and/or Bergy misses his usual 10ish games they might not be able to dig out

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I believe at best, they will be a wild card team, at worst, DNQ, just way too many questions coming into this season
It will be very very hard to make up ground on the three big boys in the division after starting the season handicapped, so I agree that the WC spot is a good bet as to how they get into the playoffs. If the Be are healthy at year's end and make the playoffs I would hate to be the team that draws them in the first round. These boys could be hell on wheels to play against. The potential with this group is unreal if things can fall into place.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
We're definitely going to need good goaltending at the start (if not all season). Win some of those shoot outs against the competitors. Also have to not take the Buffalos and others like that too lightly. Can't afford not to pick up those easier points.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JayMark

Jul 13, 2022
I think its going to be a dog fight with Ottawa to make the playoffs. They have an easy schedule to start the season while the Bruins are missing 63/73 . Ottawa is trying to bring in Jakob Chychrun. If they get him for the back end , that probably gets them the last spot.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think its going to be a dog fight with Ottawa to make the playoffs. They have an easy schedule to start the season while the Bruins are missing 63/73 . Ottawa is trying to bring in Jakob Chychrun. If they get him for the back end , that probably gets them the last spot.
Yeah I see the Caps missing the playoffs too.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Huge question that I think maybe we're putting out of our minds because it's scary, but what exactly does Marchand return as? Is he the only guy at his age to come back from that and right away, same season, be the exact same level of player? Would be cool, but wishful thinking.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Huge question that I think maybe we're putting out of our minds because it's scary, but what exactly does Marchand return as? Is he the only guy at his age to come back from that and right away, same season, be the exact same level of player? Would be cool, but wishful thinking.
I think he can at least be 85% of what he was before. What I’m most worried about is even after he’s back how long is it going to take him to fully get into game shape and be himself. I don’t think he’s just going to come back and immediately be great again. Pretty serious procedure he had done. It could take 10 or so games if not more to actually get right.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

I think he can at least be 85% of what he was before. What I’m most worried about is even after he’s back how long is it going to take him to fully get into game shape and be himself. I don’t think he’s just going to come back and immediately be great again. Pretty serious procedure he had done. It could take 10 or so games if not more to actually get right.
Think he’ll be better or worse than he was when he was playing injured?

I really don’t know about these things

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Think he’ll be better or worse than he was when he was playing injured?

I really don’t know about these things
I mean who knows, but double hip surgery isnt ideal especially for a professional athlete at his age. I dont think he will be better. It would be hard for him to be better than what he was the past few years even if healthy. Could he be better than the end of last year when you could tell he was ailing, sure. Its just tough to know how long its been affecting him because the start of the year he was great.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
just so many question marks, one of my biggest concerns is , of course, how do the healthy players keep things afloat in the absence of such key pieces being out for as long as they will be to start the year?

When those recovering from surgery do return, how long will it take for any or all of them to feel comfortable and in game shape? That too could be another month after a return.

How does DK look after a year away?

Should be interesting, fun though? Dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad