Value of: Arber Xhekaj

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Ok no worries carry on. I'll just ignore you next time
Wow, you have changed my mind completely with your genius riposte. The facts, figures & logical conclusions have overwhelmed me. Arber Xhekaj is clearly worth several high firsts...
Habs aren't interested in moving, loved what he did this past week.

Haha, looks like he has caused a few fan folks from other teams to get their panties in a knot.
Nobody is suggesting you want to move him. Just that he isn't worth much....

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Wow, you have changed my mind completely with your genius riposte. The facts, figures & logical conclusions have overwhelmed me. Arber Xhekaj is clearly worth several high firsts...

Nobody is suggesting you want to move him. Just that he isn't worth much....
Was never trying to change your mind. You said he was worst player on a team with guys like Anderson and Gallagher ... IDK what to say bro you can have this one it's ok

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Waivers lmao, wow.

Xhekaj easily worth a 1st. I can't find link but there were teams calling Hughes last year about Arber and they were offering a 1st.

Even if you don't believe that, I remember when Monahan and chiarot were also not fetching a 1st according to some experts here.

Same sh*t different player
Dude. I like the guy... but (some of) the criticisms against him have some basis in fact. A 1st is a high bar, even if it were traded when draft position is know and was at the tail end of the round.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Dude. I like the guy... but (some of) the criticisms against him have some basis in fact. A 1st is a high bar, even if it were traded when draft position is know and was at the tail end of the round.
Of course I'm not saying he's perfect. But 1sts are also overrated sometimes too. Especially for teams picking after #20 - good chance that pick flops anyways. I'd easily pay that for Xhekaj, not a lot of guys like him

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What the holy f***. You never disappoint, do you?

Read the rule book or rewatch the game coverage. They spelled it out clearly why it was a major.

WiFi doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from taking liberties on the Habs and he definitely will hurt you by a. Really being bad at hockey & b. Taking stupid penalties. He also went down like a little bitch when Tkachuk went at him.

Greig admitted the hit, while otherwise clean, was a little late. He got the better of Dach in their tussle while giving up 4 inches and 30 lbs. WiFi was straight headhunting.

Greig plays on the edge but draws alot of penalties and unlike WiFI is actually good at hockey.

Greig got his ass whipped by Dach (which was expected since Dach is in a different weight class)

If people didn't stopped running on the Habs before, calling it open Season on your best players might change some Minds. Trucking Stützle was a memo for everyone else in the league

Tkachuck pretty Much grabbed Arber in His back, Let's see them in a propre fight before calling a winner

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Of course I'm not saying he's perfect. But 1sts are also overrated sometimes too. Especially for teams picking after #20 - good chance that pick flops anyways. I'd easily pay that for Xhekaj, not a lot of guys like him
He'll only have value for teams that need size, and have enough talent on their top 4D so their 3d pairing isn't needed for any special teams play.

Struble might end up being a better player to develop.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
He'll only have value for teams that need size, and have enough talent on their top 4D so their 3d pairing isn't needed for any special teams play.

Struble might end up being a better player to develop.
Very possible I like struble alot too

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
What the holy f***. You never disappoint, do you?

Read the rule book or rewatch the game coverage. They spelled it out clearly why it was a major.

WiFi doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from taking liberties on the Habs and he definitely will hurt you by a. Really being bad at hockey & b. Taking stupid penalties. He also went down like a little bitch when Tkachuk went at him.

Greig admitted the hit, while otherwise clean, was a little late. He got the better of Dach in their tussle while giving up 4 inches and 30 lbs. WiFi was straight headhunting.

Greig plays on the edge but draws alot of penalties and unlike WiFI is actually good at hockey.
Now you're either making shit up or you're blind. Greig got his ass kicked and had his head turned most of the time because he wanted none of it. Tkachuk came in fast jumping Xhakej and dragging him down in the process. No turtling was involved. Tkatchuk will be ducking him all of the next game they play, like he's always done when Arber asks him to go.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Now you're either making shit up or you're blind. Greig got his ass kicked and had his head turned most of the time because he wanted none of it. Tkachuk came in fast jumping Xhakej and dragging him down in the process. No turtling was involved. Tkatchuk will be ducking him all of the next game they play, like he's always done when Arber asks him to go.
The only reason Tkachuk wouldn't tune up Xhekaj is because the coaching staff begs him not to.

You see, Tkachuk is very good at hockey and Xhekaj is terrible. It's an awful trade for the Sens and probably makes the habs better.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy Larose

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I notice you hit the volume button while taking a screenshot. I do that all the time as well. :laugh:

EDIT: Looks like the post I was quoting was deleted just before I posted, so it seems like I'm talking to no one.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
The only reason Tkachuk wouldn't tune up Xhekaj is because the coaching staff begs him not to.

You see, Tkachuk is very good at hockey and Xhekaj is terrible. It's an awful trade for the Sens and probably makes the habs better.
Tkatchuk has been ducking Xhakej in every game they played and it's definitely not because of the coaching staff. He's a scared little bitch.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

It’s not wifi against the prospect you draft at 20, it’s wifi vs the other guys that teams would trade for #20. Schenn and Zadorov are better and returned 3rds, sure sometimes you get a Chiarot/Jeannot situation but a late 1st usually gets you more than a #6D.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Waivers lmao, wow.

Xhekaj easily worth a 1st. I can't find link but there were teams calling Hughes last year about Arber and they were offering a 1st.

Even if you don't believe that, I remember when Monahan and chiarot were also not fetching a 1st according to some experts here.

Same sh*t different player
do you remember when teams offered hughes a first for josh anderson and he declined? same shit different player.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Don't go crazy there. Tkachuk would definitely not tune up Xhekaj in a fight.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
do you remember when teams offered hughes a first for josh anderson and he declined? same shit different player.
you're absolutely right that supposedly did happen, but no clue what point you're trying to make

Anderson's play declined hard. xhekaj is on the opposite trajectory lol he's only about to play his 3rd ever pro season. So if Hughes was offered a 1st last year, I don't see why that would change this year.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Greig got his ass whipped by Dach (which was expected since Dach is in a different weight class)

If people didn't stopped running on the Habs before, calling it open Season on your best players might change some Minds. Trucking Stützle was a memo for everyone else in the league

Tkachuck pretty Much grabbed Arber in His back, Let's see them in a propre fight before calling a winner
Xhekaj repeatedly hits Pare in the back of the head, Brady could of, but wasn’t a jackass about it.

Greig fought after. 1:39 shift while giving up 4 inches and 35 lbs, did better than I thought considering the above factors.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
you're absolutely right that supposedly did happen, but no clue what point you're trying to make

Anderson's play declined hard. xhekaj is on the opposite trajectory lol he's only about to play his 3rd ever pro season. So if Hughes was offered a 1st last year, I don't see why that would change this year.
you said teams were calling for xhekaj offering a first. are there confirmed sources from both sides for this?

a lot of trade speculation evaporates without effect. partly because the parties can't agree. but i am pretty sure a lot times one side uses the rumour mill with intent to generate an ask or drive the price for a player they are willing to sell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad