The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Greenway just has slow acceleration. Zucker and Mcleod have more than enough speed for the line. Obviously he is going straight to the net.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
WGR Joe is another one who doesn't like Greenway and sees him falling out of the lineup.

Greenway could be a great player. Could. He easily could be a larger heavier version of Jochen Hecht. The issue is he disappears at times and is completely invisible. Poeple say Lindy gets him to next level. He has had multiple chances and where is he? He's a nice piece but I doubt he gets to another level. Love to be wrong.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Building on your Joker comments, I’m really interested to see how Ruff deploys his d-pairs. Is it relatively balanced? Does he lean heavy on 1 or 2 pairs? Does Dahlin get mintues outside his pairing? Does Ruff have a matchup pair, or two, in mind?

We won’t know the answers for a few games at least. But there are some scenarios where Joker works on that pairing and others where he doesn’t.
The other question I have with the D pairs to start is can Samuelsson-Clifton skate well enough to not get exploited with speed.

When they are on the ice, getting the forwards to backcheck hard will be a key. With the other two pairs, it will be about the forwards seeing when the D activate and making sure you have someone covering for them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The other question I have with the D pairs to start is can Samuelsson-Clifton skate well enough to not get exploited with speed.

When they are on the ice, getting the forwards to backcheck hard will be a key. With the other two pairs, it will be about the forwards seeing when the D activate and making sure you have someone covering for them.
I’m wondering if he plans on using that pairing like the 4th line. Or more likely from time.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Clifton seems like a pretty strong skater from what Ive seen. Just have to hope he plays a relatively simple game, and doesnt get caught chasing in the D zone.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Building on your Joker comments, I’m really interested to see how Ruff deploys his d-pairs. Is it relatively balanced? Does he lean heavy on 1 or 2 pairs? Does Dahlin get mintues outside his pairing? Does Ruff have a matchup pair, or two, in mind?

We won’t know the answers for a few games at least. But there are some scenarios where Joker works on that pairing and others where he doesn’t.

It’s really interesting (and refreshing) to think about the defense in this way. Reminds me a bit of those 05-07 teams when Ruff had the ability to mix and match his D and get favorable matchups/adjustments as games progressed.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad