Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I guess he didn't like the QA they sent.

The QA is mainly to ensure the team hold the rights of the player. Of course, the player can accept the QA. But the team and the player can still negotiate a contract in the meantime.

What this tells me is that Habs and Xhekaj are negotiating a contract. It could be a bridge deal or a few more years.

Same with Barron.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Normal stuff. QA keeps the players rights and sometimes it goes to arbitration or there is a deal signed right before. Not even sure the arbitration schedule is out yet. It's still only late July.
I don't think Xhekaj or Barron qualify yet for arbitration but I could be wrong.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2 years X 1,5 M$??

Probably fair. I would say he gets the Harris bridge with inflation factored in. Harris got 2 years at $1.4M. $1.5M - $1.75M seems fair for Xhekaj.

I don't think Xhekaj or Barron qualify yet for arbitration but I could be wrong.

Not sure when that kicks in. I would assume it's right after the ELC but now that I think about it, It might not be the case.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I am thinking 1.75 per but knowing Hughes he plans on locking him up similar to Dach and Newhook.
How much do you think he would get for a 4 years deal?? 2,5M$ per?? I don't think we should pay him more than that. I mean right now he is a bottom pair D and he doesn't have the draft pedigree Dach and Newhook had.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How much do you think he would get for a 4 years deal?? 2,5M$ per?? I don't think we should pay him more than that. I mean right now he is a bottom pair D and he doesn't have the draft pedigree Dach and Newhook had.
If Xhekaj would take 2.5x4 I think that would be a win for this organization. I doubt his agent would advise him to take a deal like that. Hughes will get it done

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I thought he would get more but they have given him a deal that suggests he has to improve some things and stay healthy. This also indicates that they currently see him as a bottom pairing defenceman.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I thought he would get more but they have given him a deal that suggests he has to improve some things and stay healthy. This also indicates that they currently see him as a bottom pairing defenceman.
That contract may have shocked some people from their belief that Xhekaj is untouchable.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
This is great news, Arbor will come to camp like a man possessed.

This is setting up nice for those of us that believe Flo-Jack has real potential to become a regular banger with upside on the bottom 6.

I’m excited to see both these boys playing a regular shift. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad