Arber Xhekaj shoots puck through the net

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Habs fans will remember this for a very long time until they actually make the playoffs.
You're acting like the Sens have made the playoffs since before my 6 year old cousin was born

His career record against Ottawa is 0-3 with a goal differential of 6-13.

He had 0 points in those three games and was a -5.

I hope he continues to “own” SensNation.
You forgot the 3 KOs too

Sent MacEwen at him today and he got dropped like a bad habit by our Swedish AHL prospect. Nice 3 year contract for that bum.

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs fans will remember this for a very long time until they actually make the playoffs.

Lol, last time your team made it to the playoffs was 7 (!!!) years ago and counting

You ain't in no position, as a Sens fan, to shit on no one else, since your team has been garbage for almost a decade

We ain't taking 7 years to compete here

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What KOs?

He has one minor penalty in those three games.

Ah, I guess you’re still talking about pre-season from last year.

Nice to see him earn a job by fighting in meaningless games.
He's already beaten every tough guy on your team, and your coach is obsessed with him

How meaningless was it if Sens fans can never forget it?

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I hate that motherf***er because he plays for the Habs.

Not as much as I hate the Habs for having him. Beast, he’s gonna get a Norris one day.

Reactions: Demigod Gloves

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How meaningless was it if Sens fans can never forget it?

I forgot all about it until you guys went ballistic during the announcement of the pre-season line-ups in our first match-up and apparently icing our AHL guys was seen as some kind of revenge game for something that happened in pre-season the year before.

Since then, they had played Ottawa three times with him in the line-up during the actual regular season and nothing happened, aside from Montreal losing all three games and Xhekaj apparently sporting a -5.

He’s definitely in the heads of a fan base but it’s yours.

You keep bringing up this narrative that puts a lot of importance on what happened in a few pre-season games that were over a year apart.

There’s a lot of cherry picking going on but I get it - it’s exciting to have a tough guy for the first time in Montreal since Laraque retired over a decade ago.

I actually like the guy - it’s a good story.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Look at how triggered Sens fans are lol! Xhekaj is definitely in their heads.

High level AHLer playing on a rebuilding team. Sole role is to protect the small youth on the Habs.

He is defintely not the first and not the last to put a puck through a net.... it's good the Habs fans have something exciting as this to cheer about!

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I forgot all about it until you guys went ballistic during the announcement of the pre-season line-ups in our first match-up and apparently icing our AHL guys was seen as some kind of revenge game for something that happened in pre-season the year before.

Since then, they had played Ottawa three times with him in the line-up during the actual regular season and nothing happened, aside from Montreal losing all three games and Xhekaj apparently sporting a -5.

He’s definitely in the heads of a fan base but it’s yours.

You keep bringing up this narrative that puts a lot of importance on what happened in a few pre-season games that were over a year apart.

There’s a lot of cherry picking going on but I get it - it’s exciting to have a tough guy for the first time in Montreal since Laraque retired over a decade ago.

I actually like the guy - it’s a good story.
Did you watch the game? It was obvious that the Sens iced scrubs to try and engage Xhekaj.

Why is Imama challenging Slafkovsky after the whistle? I'm not upset about it but the strategy was obvious

It just backfired for the Sens because 2 of their boys got smoked

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Did you watch the game? It was obvious that the Sens iced scrubs to try and engage Xhekaj.

This is why I think he's in your heads.

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

Either:

(a) The Senators management collectively came up with an elaborate strategy to try and contain third-pairing borderline NHL defenceman Arber Xhekaj for what he did in the pre-season back in October of 2002.

OR

(b) They wanted to put their AHL guys in the line-up.

I'm going with B. They iced scrubs because it's pre-season and that's what happens.

When it was the regular season, they didn't ice any scrubs and won all three games and Xhekaj was a non-factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad