Prospect Info: April 2: Alexei Kolosov has joined AHL Phantoms (Goalie, 2021 draft pick); played April 13

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lappy could have played Kolosov more, but he didn't want distractions as he cruised into a 6th place division finish and a quick playoff exit. You don't mess with a steady increase of success. :nono:

“In his three years behind the bench, we have seen consistent improvement, and valuable experience gained from our prospects playing with the Phantoms, and they have been able to step in seamlessly to the Flyers when called upon,” said Flyers General Manager Daniel Briere. “In addition, the team has had a steady increase of success which saw the Calder Cup Playoffs return to the great fans in Lehigh Valley. I strongly believe that is a credit to Ian and his staff, and we are happy to have him lead our top development club for the next several years.”

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ocean City in particular had two prostitution/human trafficking incidents that made them quite a bit more strict in who they bring over these days. :laugh:
How long ago was this? I remember when I was in high school/college, all the Eastern Europeans working at Wonderland Pier and Castaway Cove

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
How long ago was this? I remember when I was in high school/college, all the Eastern Europeans working at Wonderland Pier and Castaway Cove

2001, 2008ish, 2016, and 2018. :laugh: The first one was a Russian boarding house. The most recent was an Asian massage parlor.

Also can confirm that last bit. I worked the Double Shot the first year it was open. Half local high school/college kids, half Eastern Europeans for the last 20+ years.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
You'd have to vet them.

I'd suspect some have Russian mafia ties and others are FSB plants - and given the current state of Russia, some are both. :naughty: And you want to make sure if you're hiring someone to hold Kolosov's hand, that they're not going to get him into trouble.

[most young East Europeans don't speak Russian, most pick up English as their second language, like most Europeans]

I just think they were over whelmed by events, not sure they expected either Kolosov or Fedotov to come over last spring. They now have three Russians on the NHL roster, so that's not a big issue, but harder to pull off in Allentown.

Mafia? FSB?

Don't forget about Ivan Drago, Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Badenov & Natasha too!!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Mafia? FSB?

Don't forget about Ivan Drago, Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Badenov & Natasha too!!!
Don't joke about the Russia mafia, they're real and have connections to people in the Kremlin.
Putin's regime is run primarily by his old KGB buddies from St. Petersburg, and they have ties. They're referred to as "The Siloviki."

Writing a book on the world oil market and have been researching the Russian oil industry, which is full of lovely stories of stock manipulation, fraud, dubious legal maneuvers, and hit squads. No good guys, just bad guys and worse (Putin's people) guys.

Russia is a kleptocracy where those with connections can steal with impunity, while ordinary citizens have to be careful about what they say, especially publicly or on social media.

Reactions: renberg

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Billion dollar company couldn't find anyone who speaks Russian on the eastern seaboard :(

Flyers had to co-ordinate 2 Russian players coming over at the same time :(

Why would anyone have confidence in this organization if they are incapable of doing routine tasks like these? We're supposed to believe in the vision of a man who gets overwhelmed with 2 prospects coming to North America within a week of each other?

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
I've seen this script before. Flyers will be floundering by December, Ersson will get injured and they will be forced to call up Kolosov unwillingly. He will take the reigns on the starter job and drag this team into a playoff spot. Then as they enter the playoffs word will come out about some sexytime activities he had when he was 18 after a national team dinner...

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I've seen this script before. Flyers will be floundering by December, Ersson will get injured and they will be forced to call up Kolosov unwillingly. He will take the reigns on the starter job and drag this team into a playoff spot. Then as they enter the playoffs word will come out about some sexytime activities he had when he was 18 after a national team dinner...

Kolosov is long gone to Valinor my friend

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
There is no excuse, the organization is incompetent. In just the last 5 or so years they’ve:
Hired Fletcher
Hired AV
Acquired Risto
Devalued Ghost and sent him packing
Signed Hayes
Extended Risto
Showed little to no respect for Giroux
Hired Torts
Promoted Jones & Briere
Blew any chance for Cutter to be a Flyer
Failed to move Laughton
Extended Lappy
f***ed up the ‘24 draft
Failed to move TK
Re-signed TK
Bungled Kolosov

They are the literal textbook definition of inept.
This makes me sad.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Russia is a kleptocracy where those with connections can steal with impunity, while ordinary citizens have to be careful about what they say, especially publicly or on social media.

C'mon. Putin and his cronies are shit on ad nauseam on Russian social media... even in the context of KHL.

Anyways, thank heavens Kolosov isn't Italian. Could you imagine the anti-mafia vetting process needed for an Italian translator?!?:sarcasm:😜 This is serious business! Can't have La Cosa Nostra infiltrating the Flyer goalie core ))

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
C'mon. Putin and his cronies are shit on ad nauseam on Russian social media... even in the context of KHL.

Anyways, thank heavens Kolosov isn't Italian. Could you imagine the anti-mafia vetting process needed for an Italian translator?!?:sarcasm:😜 This is serious business! Can't have La Cosa Nostra infiltrating the Flyer goalie core ))

You think you're finding an Italian in Philly? That seems highly improbable.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This is a ridiculous thread.
I just don’t understand how people get baited into the bullshit with a certain someone. Some people deserve to be frustrated all the time.

You think you're finding an Italian in Philly? That seems highly improbable.
Yo Adrian that is serious business

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But are they members of the Mafia?
Is there anything in Oregon that would be worth the attention of the Russian mafia?
NYC on the other hand:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad