OT: Anything Goes 41

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Absolute fail from the secret service regardless. Idc if it was outside the venue or not. Any elevated position even close should be secure. Imagine if this happened to the actual president.
Be grateful it didn’t go as planned. Can’t understate how bad it would be tonight out in public and the backlash if he got merked.

I’m apolitical myself but have had college best friends that I reconnected and fatefully lived with years later — unknowing that he had become polarized, ad nauseum inviting me to militia meetings and at random going unhinged talking about killing liberals and driving through crowds during BLM protests. At the same time buddy grew up in barrington, hated the police with a passion, and if you got him drunk enough he would posit the benefits of UBI and nationalizing corporations, but yknow the qanon/Trump algo really got him and it became his religion and personality. Many like him would go on a rampage.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Be grateful it didn’t go as planned. Can’t understate how bad it would be tonight out in public and the backlash if he got merked.

I’m apolitical myself but have had college best friends that I reconnected and fatefully lived with years later — unknowing that he had become polarized, ad nauseum inviting me to militia meetings and at random going unhinged talking about killing liberals and driving through crowds during BLM protests. At the same time buddy grew up in barrington, hated the police with a passion, and if you got him drunk enough he would posit the benefits of UBI and nationalizing corporations, but yknow the qanon/Trump algo really got him and it became his religion and personality. Many like him would go on a rampage.

Not trying to get into all that but the fact a person was able to climb up to the nearest rooftop and shoot a major political figure is f***ed. Secret service has egg on their face for sure. No excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malaka

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Not going to discuss my views here, but I will say this election cycle is getting a full chapter in history books fifty years from now.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Dark day for our country. While I'm glad the counter snipers responded quickly before more people were endangered, hard questions will have to be asked about how it happened in the first place. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Not going to discuss my views here, but I will say this election cycle is getting a full chapter in history books fifty years from now.

For sure. My fiancé has a baby in her belly and this kid is going to learn/hear about this event in school. Crazy thought.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Absolute fail from the secret service regardless. Idc if it was outside the venue or not. Any elevated position even close should be secure. Imagine if this happened to the actual president.

It's supposedly outside the Secret Service's "parameter" and thus in the purview of local law enforcement.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Today will go down in the history books.

We have waited so long, and we will finally be rewarded.

GAME DAY.

73704976007-eas-cfb-25-se-key-art-horz-rgb.png

Reactions: Malaka and Darkstar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Power went on and off a few times and flickered for minutes but here in my area we just had a few minutes of wind and rain

Wonder what damage will be from the confirmed areas of touchdowns

Not strong tornado's but still hitting highly built-up area's creates potential for what is larger damage then one would expect from those type of tornado's

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Got windy over here (Beecher), but wouldn't have known about the tornadoes if I wasn't warned about them ahead of time. Did lose power for maybe 10 seconds, though.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Second day in a row my area has been hit with microbursts trees down and power out everywhere. I guess a tornado touched down in Shorewood area and 55 is closed because of downed power lines on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad