Value of: Any bad contract with 3 years term or less to the Blackhawks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Chicago Blackhawks are currently slated to have 41 million in cap space for 2023-2024, and a frankly hilarious 71.6 million in cap space for 2024-2025.

The 2023 free agent class is the poops, and there’s no better way to undermine a rebuild than making some long-term ufa signing on a guy who happened to the best of a bad selection. Most of GMKD’s comments suggest he recognizes this.

So the Blackhawks are gonna need bodies, just to hit the floor. And we still want picks and prospects.

List the contracts you’d like to move and the sweetener(s) you think would get it done.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Granlund and Carter for a Chicago deep dish pepperoni and sausage please.

Carter for one year at 6 something?

I’d probably do that if the Pens included a 2nd rounder. Decent chance the Hawks could send him somewhere at the deadline with 50% retained and a pro-rated cap hit.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020

I’d probably do that if the Pens included a 2nd rounder. Decent chance the Hawks could send him somewhere at the deadline with 50% retained and a pro-rated cap hit.
3.125 only off by a good 3 and few fraction million bucks but who cares.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

How about 3rd and 4th ?

Pens need the 2nd to acquire some help

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
3.125 only off by a good 3 and few fraction million bucks but who cares.
Yeah yeah, my bad, I looked at the ‘total’ row on capfriendly.

I have no idea why they total an average in the first place, but whatever, I admit my idiocy.

How about 3rd and 4th ?

Pens need the 2nd to acquire some help
Now that I know its only 3.125, how about a 4th that turns into a 3rd if they trade him at the deadline or (lol) re-sign him?

He doesnt help that much with the cap floor, but it’s also only one year do the pros and cons kinda even out and Blackhawks get an asset either way.

Reactions: Coffees

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Previously posted but:

Hall
Grzelcyk

For

Nolan Allen
Ryder Rolston

Somebody who knows more about Blackhawks prospects will have to chime in.

That said, I know that Boston fans are upset with Grzelyk, but for a team will as little legit NHL talent on D right now as the Hawks, I think there’s definitely the possibility for a trade there.

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
Myers (post bonus) and Garland. We only need futures back. A little less than $6m in actual dollars but an 11 million cap hit.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
This again, but anyway. Josh Bailey is yours, 1y 5mil real money 3.5mil. He can still be a good veteran player for non-contender. Chains, them chains!

1 yr at 5 mil? I’d do it if you include a 3rd that turns into a 2nd if they trade or re-sign.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Nick Backstrom can mentor Bedard for two years. At $9.2/year he’ll be very helpful in getting you to the floor.

Maybe the Blackhawks retain at this or next year’s deadline and trade him to a team wanting veteran center depth.

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
How about just $10 for said pizza? As a Canadian I yearn for authentic deep dish pizza

You havent lived if you havent had an authentic deep dish. It’s barely pizza, but it’s amazing.

Nick Backstrom can mentor Bedard for two years. At $9.2/year he’ll be very helpful in getting you to the floor.

Maybe the Blackhawks retain at this or next year’s deadline and trade him to a team wanting veteran center depth.

Can he even play? I thought he was an ltir contract at this point?

Reactions: Three On Zero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad