Prospect Info: Anton Silayev (LD - #10 Overall - Round 1 - 2024 Draft)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hes not been playing the last 3 games (game today included)
He’s team have won all 3 !?

2 games. He played vs Admiral and they won that game. Amur and Barys are 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the standings and Torpedo shitkicked them both. 7-2 and 10-1. Teams had no business letting Artamonov slip to 50 and of f***ing course it was Carolina who took him

Reactions: Guttersniped

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
couldnt find anything myself (injury, benching, something else) so i reached out to Caser. given the fact torpedo is on a far east trip and silayev has been getting relied on a little extra heavy as of late, he suspects the team is just giving him a bit of a breather (particularly against some weaker opposition as Hisch13r said). torpedo returns home next week so hopefully he'll be in

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
2 games. He played vs Admiral and they won that game. Amur and Barys are 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the standings and Torpedo shitkicked them both. 7-2 and 10-1. Teams had no business letting Artamonov slip to 50 and of f***ing course it was Carolina who took him
Carolina has been lauded for their rounds 2-7 drafts for at least the past five seasons, and they haven’t had much to show for it wrt to NHL products. Nikishin looks like he’ll be one but not much else. I was randomly thinking about this yesterday lol

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Carolina has been lauded for their rounds 2-7 drafts for at least the past five seasons, and they haven’t had much to show for it wrt to NHL products. Nikishin looks like he’ll be one but not much else. I was randomly thinking about this yesterday lol

I feel like Carolina literally just uses one of the NHLe models and drafts based off that which is why all the stat nerds LOVE their drafts even though it hasn't yielded much to date.... yet.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

2019 they got Kotchetkov. 2020 Nikishin. 2021 Morrow and Blake might be guys. Still too recent for the 2022 and newer guys. They used Ponamarev, Koivunen, and Lucius as pieces for Guentzel. That's a lot better than what we've done under Fitz. We were f***ing late round menaces under Ray though. Might have been the best later round team in the league that span.

Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
2019 they got Kotchetkov. 2020 Nikishin. 2021 Morrow and Blake might be guys. Still too recent for the 2022 and newer guys. They used Ponamarev, Koivunen, and Lucius as pieces for Guentzel. That's a lot better than what we've done under Fitz. We were f***ing late round menaces under Ray though. Might have been the best later round team in the league that span.
It’s a lot of thr same scouts I would expect. I can’t imagine why they suddenly lost their ability to draft later round players.

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
At least this past draft the difference is the GM just sorted by height
To be fair, Traff and Pikkarainen seem like decent picks. They aren't just tall. Filmon fits that profile as well. Sharangovich was a great pick and he's taller. I can't imagine they are excluding guys simply based on height. This is the same staff that picked Casey for example.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
To be fair, Traff and Pikkarainen seem like decent picks. They aren't just tall. Filmon fits that profile as well. Sharangovich was a great pick and he's taller. I can't imagine they are excluding guys simply based on height. This is the same staff that picked Casey for example.

I do like Traff from this past draft. Yegor was a Ray pick

Reactions: My3Sons

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
You missed there.
Did I? What did I say that was incorrect? Kochetkov is a goalie, so he’s whatever. The fact of the matter is that they have not had any regular contributing skaters in rounds 2-7 since Jack Drury in 2018 (bottom 6 guy) and Kochetkov was selected in 2019, and again, he’s a goalie.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Would I like to draft Artamonov in the second? Of course, He is first round caliber player, top-20 at least. But we didn't have every pick on the draft.

This was a really nice play for Silayev because it’s something I feel he wouldn’t often do. I think generally he’d shoot the puck there right after getting it rather than taking it and walking into a shot at the dot

I’m not bitching it wasn’t us. We didn’t have a pick. Just crazy teams let him slide so far

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Nice to see Silayev moving around the offensive zone and getting rewarded.

He skates well enough that he can, and probably should, roam around the offensive zone like that. When you add that his reach can also help him cover up for mistakes, I think you want to let him get deeper in the zone than other defenseman.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Nice to see Silayev moving around the offensive zone and getting rewarded.

He skates well enough that he can, and probably should, roam around the offensive zone like that. When you add that his reach can also help him cover up for mistakes, I think you want to let him get deeper in the zone than other defenseman.

Completely agree. I haven’t seen all of his games but I’ve probably seen at the very least parts of like 7 or 8 and I think this was his strongest offensive game since the first game. In that game it never lead to anything but he was trying to get involved as an option off puck. This game he had this one and also a few other shots

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Big C back in today on the 3rd pair (although he still got good deployment). little tied up w stuff so this was an abbreviated viewing:
  • elite stops again. every time, i will say this every time. advanced defensive understanding coupled with a huge frame/reach he knows how to leverage is scary. saw him drop down on a 2 on 1, which i rarely ever like, but it was almost funny how much ice he took away. also seemed a little extra physical today
  • pinches/off puck offensive zone movement were more aggressive today. not quite at the level of his season debut but closer than what he had been doing. maybe a byproduct of the rest days
  • rewarded with an assist for the aforementioned movement. great activation down the left boards after a silky rotation from the point. fired a low, rebound friendly shot toward the net. confident carry
  • one thing im noticing, a number of goals hes out there for (ie goals 1 and 3) hes not really contributing to, but hes making stops that are leading to pucks being available for his teammates to grab and then start an attack from. that could be massive for a team like ours

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Big C back in today on the 3rd pair (although he still got good deployment). little tied up w stuff so this was an abbreviated viewing:
  • elite stops again. every time, i will say this every time. advanced defensive understanding coupled with a huge frame/reach he knows how to leverage is scary. saw him drop down on a 2 on 1, which i rarely ever like, but it was almost funny how much ice he took away. also seemed a little extra physical today
  • pinches/off puck offensive zone movement were more aggressive today. not quite at the level of his season debut but closer than what he had been doing. maybe a byproduct of the rest days
  • rewarded with an assist for the aforementioned movement. great activation down the left boards after a silky rotation from the point. fired a low, rebound friendly shot toward the net. confident carry
  • one thing im noticing, a number of goals hes out there for (ie goals 1 and 3) hes not really contributing to, but hes making stops that are leading to pucks being available for his teammates to grab and then start an attack from. that could be massive for a team like ours

There was a little thing I liked on his first. He got the puck in the NZ and instead of rushing and moving the puck like he does at times he realized he had some time to make a better decision. Ended up just taking a few steps and dumping it in but taking the time he’s offered to make a better decision with the puck in transition is all I’m asking for

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This was a really nice play for Silayev because it’s something I feel he wouldn’t often do. I think generally he’d shoot the puck there right after getting it rather than taking it and walking into a shot at the dot

I’m not bitching it wasn’t us. We didn’t have a pick. Just crazy teams let him slide so far
am... we did have the pick. Artamonov was drafted by 50th pick. We drafted Yegorov by 49th.
And Its not like I was a big fan of drafting Yegorov by 49th pick.

I believe Silayev will develop this part of the game. He was asked to play safe game, this move is aggressive at least. He has all the tools to join the rush or attacking the zone. KHL isn't the easy ride for 17-18 yo defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad