Prospect Info: Anton Silayev (LD - #10 Overall - Round 1 - 2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How has he been overall this season?

He’s basically been Silayev. Still the suspect puck play but also still a monster defensively who covers a ton of ground and doesn’t really give up much of anything when he’s out there.

I did miss the game he was a -2 which was his only negative of the season so idk how those GAs happened. I can’t remember if I’ve seen all of the other games or missed one but either way I can’t remember him giving up a goal at 5v5 in any of the other games I’ve seen. He gave up a goal today at evens but it was 4v4. We see the disadvantages of being so tall on this one as the pass went through his feet. Probably should’ve stayed closer on the guy going to the net instead of trying to stay in the lane. Got caught in no mans land a little on that

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
logging 18 minutes a game and doing pretty well for himself. not taking much penalties and it doesn't seem like he's out on the ice when they get scored on.

lol Where are you seeing 18 minutes? EP’s gamelog doesn’t even have him hitting 18 minutes for a single game this year

15:10, 17:38, 15:53, 17:19, 13:52, 14:34, 17:07

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
I absolutely love those jerseys. I need to find one

california based. got one myself. last years jersey technically (might have to wait a few months if you want this years) but its basically the same thing minus a couple ad/placement discrepancies. i actually prefer the 23-24 one because it doesnt have that big blocky text on the lower front

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

california based. got one myself. last years jersey technically (might have to wait a few months if you want this years) but its basically the same thing minus a couple ad/placement discrepancies. i actually prefer the 23-24 one because it doesnt have that big blocky text on the lower front
Cool thanks.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
finally had a chance to watch again

picked up a secondary today. per usual not much of an active participant on the goal, but got play started. crisp, heads up pass to his teammate who had just tagged up onside. good patience on the puck to time his pass

wont get a point for it but liked his defensive involvement on the 3rd goal: silayev uses his stick to cut off a passing lane between KRS15 (behind the net) and KRS8 (out front). as KRS15 rolls out, silayev quickly catches up to him and uses his reach to engulf and block any advancement to middle ice, forcing the attacker to quickly spin around and fire a rather unassuming shot into the skates of KRS8. TOR7 fails to bat the puck out of the zone, but silayev is able to grab it, settle it, and pause for his Fs to advance up the ice before sending it out (he couldve put more on the chip pass, though, he did get a little lucky on the clear)

impressive thread pass between two defenders almost sprung artamonov for a breakaway on the PK late 1st, just didnt have the extra step

his clear attempts on the backhand feel extra rough today, although thankfully he hasnt really gotten punished for it. lacking velocity and too frequently lobbed into open ice. had to hold my breath on a few attempts lol

there was a continuous stretch of play in the mid 2nd where he was all over the offensive zone, stretching defences, finding lanes, etc., but it always feels like whenever he gets the puck in these scenarios, he stops moving and goes for some nothing wrister from the point. granted, on the example im talking about, he was under pressure and i dont disagree w doing it there, but id love to see him keep going w the puck (or at the very least try teeing it up)

i will continue to rave about how easily he kills plays man on man just by virtue of his reach and stick placement. its like a magnet. so, so many deflected shot attempts. his level of recoverability is pretty crazy, too. i havent seen him get outright beat yet, but there have been a couple near calls and he still finds a way to get the poke off

he had one PK shift in the mid 3rd that was basically perfect and applied everything we want to see: confident possession, strong clears, oppressive netfront defense, etc. unfortunately he followed it up w the same, poor backhand clear attempt up the boards (which was picked lol)

when he jumps up on the rush, unless its like a 2 on 1 or something, hes almost doing it w too much intensity. torpedo had a 3 on 2 and rather than trail his two Fs and keep himself an option, he basically steamrolled toward the net (and in turn both of them) and wound up being cuffed when he got the puck, which didnt lead to a scoring chance. the willingness is good but the execution needs work

nothing really new today, but not in a bad way, hes still swallowing chance after chance defensively. voynov took a nasty shot into the boards in the 1st and needed help getting off. didnt see him return either. might open up some minutes if he misses time

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
finally had a chance to watch again

picked up a secondary today. per usual not much of an active participant on the goal, but got play started. crisp, heads up pass to his teammate who had just tagged up onside. good patience on the puck to time his pass

wont get a point for it but liked his defensive involvement on the 3rd goal: silayev uses his stick to cut off a passing lane between KRS15 (behind the net) and KRS8 (out front). as KRS15 rolls out, silayev quickly catches up to him and uses his reach to engulf and block any advancement to middle ice, forcing the attacker to quickly spin around and fire a rather unassuming shot into the skates of KRS8. TOR7 fails to bat the puck out of the zone, but silayev is able to grab it, settle it, and pause for his Fs to advance up the ice before sending it out (he couldve put more on the chip pass, though, he did get a little lucky on the clear)

impressive thread pass between two defenders almost sprung artamonov for a breakaway on the PK late 1st, just didnt have the extra step

his clear attempts on the backhand feel extra rough today, although thankfully he hasnt really gotten punished for it. lacking velocity and too frequently lobbed into open ice. had to hold my breath on a few attempts lol

there was a continuous stretch of play in the mid 2nd where he was all over the offensive zone, stretching defences, finding lanes, etc., but it always feels like whenever he gets the puck in these scenarios, he stops moving and goes for some nothing wrister from the point. granted, on the example im talking about, he was under pressure and i dont disagree w doing it there, but id love to see him keep going w the puck (or at the very least try teeing it up)

i will continue to rave about how easily he kills plays man on man just by virtue of his reach and stick placement. its like a magnet. so, so many deflected shot attempts. his level of recoverability is pretty crazy, too. i havent seen him get outright beat yet, but there have been a couple near calls and he still finds a way to get the poke off

he had one PK shift in the mid 3rd that was basically perfect and applied everything we want to see: confident possession, strong clears, oppressive netfront defense, etc. unfortunately he followed it up w the same, poor backhand clear attempt up the boards (which was picked lol)

when he jumps up on the rush, unless its like a 2 on 1 or something, hes almost doing it w too much intensity. torpedo had a 3 on 2 and rather than trail his two Fs and keep himself an option, he basically steamrolled toward the net (and in turn both of them) and wound up being cuffed when he got the puck, which didnt lead to a scoring chance. the willingness is good but the execution needs work

nothing really new today, but not in a bad way, hes still swallowing chance after chance defensively. voynov took a nasty shot into the boards in the 1st and needed help getting off. didnt see him return either. might open up some minutes if he misses time
Something tells me he's going to be something of a longer term project that suddenly grows more of an offensive game when he's 25-26 when he realizes just how good he is defensively and the game slows down for him against pros as he gains experience.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Something tells me he's going to be something of a longer term project that suddenly grows more of an offensive game when he's 25-26 when he realizes just how good he is defensively and the game slows down for him against pros as he gains experience.
is it too much to ask for a nikishin type jump :sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

All I need is for him to sort out the puck moving. I don’t even need the offensive game

Reactions: evnted and My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad