Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas
armin-part-2.png
Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What if a player just said no? Like I get it for the Yankees because they're the Yankees even in 2024 but the Islanders haven't had any recent success and Lamoriello is years past his best before date. What is he going to do?

What if it was all about the money? Cut my hair for a 4 year 14 million deal or don’t cut my hair for let’s say 3 year 9 million like his last deal. Honey where are the scissors ?

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
It was a stupid rule even back in the days and it's silly that an outdated GM is still demanding that today. Looking like hairless infants hasn't prevented the Isles players from sucking hard.

And I get that you want to get individuals to buy into a team concept. But for starters, there IS a uniform. There's colours, the crest. The team history. You can forge a team spirit without erasing people's respective identities. Character and teamwork is a lot more than grooming and clothes.

Getting former players involve, cultivating leadership, having clear communication channels. Holding firm on your word. Providing a support structure outside the rink, outside the arena... anywhere and at all times.

Knowing as a player that if something is wrong, there is a consistent, predictable structure in place to support you is going to matter a lot more than the number of hair on someone's chin.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Source?

I know it's the offseason, but this thread seems like a nothingburger.
The military.

I'm pretty sure there are studies citied in either of The Coddling of the American Mind (Haidt and Lukianoff) or Dopamine Nation (Anna Lembke), but I just flipped through my copies and couldn't find it quickly. They're both great reads.

But yeah, discipline is a good thing for group cohesion. Discipline in grooming can be what is traditionally neat and tidy, or something else entirely, so long as it takes some effort by members of the group to adhere to. Same reason you see engineering students dying themselves purple, or all the new guys on the football team with silly haircuts. When you do something together, regardless of whether it's kinda stupid or super prim and proper, it brings people together.

(Strong language, phenomenal show)

The final clip is especially important.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The military.

I'm pretty sure there are studies citied in either of The Coddling of the American Mind (Haidt and Lukianoff) or Dopamine Nation (Anna Lembke), but I just flipped through my copies and couldn't find it quickly. They're both great reads.

But yeah, discipline is a good thing for group cohesion. Discipline in grooming can be what is traditionally neat and tidy, or something else entirely, so long as it takes some effort by members of the group to adhere to. Same reason you see engineering students dying themselves purple, or all the new guys on the football team with silly haircuts. When you do something together, regardless of whether it's kinda stupid or super prim and proper, it brings people together.

(Strong language, phenomenal show)

The final clip is especially important.

To be honest, I am not a fan of his policies. BUT, I think these policies could have helped the Leafs a lot. IF he stayed a little longer, maybe Leafs would have won more. The culture would have been a lot better. Instead we got the opposite, Kyle Dubas who is every player's buddy. It's sickening what Shanahan has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad