Anthony Duclair Cuts Hair, Shaves Beard Ahead Of First Training Camp With Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
What if a player just said no? Like I get it for the Yankees because they're the Yankees even in 2024 but the Islanders haven't had any recent success and Lamoriello is years past his best before date. What is he going to do?
NY has a law that bans hair and beard grooming policies. He’d easily win if he fought it. Same goes with Yankee players.

• Wow
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
While you may very well be correct in this case…for all we know, Duclair could’ve been like “you know, kinda want a new look for this season anyways…” - the idea that culturally “it’s just hair BFD” is out of touch.

The policy is out of touch. In a multi-cultural society there are much better ways to foster unity and teamwork than demanding or implying everybody needs to have the same hair treatment or skin treatment or whatever.

It may not be a big deal in this particular case but it’s still dumb.
It worked for the nazis

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
In Lou Lamoriello's dark past every member of ZZTOP signed PTO's with The Devils. None were offered contracts due to the fact that they refused to change their appearance and abide by the team's "must shave that shit" policy.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's just hair, he will get over it.

This is really a blanket statement that is not applicable to everybody. It may be fine for Duclair. But the idea that for all people, hair is “just hair” so who cares, why cry about it…that’s a pretty un-empathetic stance on a physical piece of yourself that for many has important connotations about identity and sense of self.

Jun 15, 2007
Why are people acting outraged on Duclair's behalf? If he was really mad about it, 1) he wouldn't have signed with them to begin with 2) he wouldnt be posting it on social media with an emoji. It's clear Duclair is at most having a minor grumble about it.

So why make yourself more angry about this than the "victim"?

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Losers Lou would've traded:

GettyImages-626525658.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

wayne-gretzky-1996-40.jpg

Studs Lou would've kept:

sean-avery-2008-48.jpg

0622yakupov12.jpg

Chris-Simon-Former-NHL-Journeyman-and-Stanley-Cup-Champion-Dead-at-52-1.jpg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Why are people acting outraged on Duclair's behalf? If he was really mad about it, 1) he wouldn't have signed with them to begin with 2) he wouldnt be posting it on social media with an emoji. It's clear Duclair is at most having a minor grumble about it.

So why make yourself more angry about this than the "victim"?
i haven't seen anyone outraged on duclair's behalf? lou's rules (like this one) are just indicative that time has passed him by and speaks to how dumb his management style is in 2024. i'm sure if you surveyed every player in the nhl and asked them if they would want to conform to these ridiculous, north korea, mr. burns standards vs playing elsewhere and retaining their personality, the results would speak for themselves. it was one thing 25 years ago when he somehow ended up with 3 HOF players on his team and the results were there, but now they aren't and it shows how glaringly stupid and out of touch he is.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Lou’s antiquated dinosaur way of thinking is such a joke.

Like as if sideburns or long hair really have any effect on how well someone plays. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone tell the old buzzard to retire.
10 years ago, I was at Wunjo Guitars in London and a young saleperson gave me great wisdom. If I wanted to get proficient at barre chords, I needed some elvis sideburns. When I got home, I took his advice and it worked. I now play regularly at a church and I owe all it to his advice.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Did any other players get a haircut over the summer? Do we know if anyone got a tan?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I would also shave my body for 14 million dollars, but Duclair isn't getting paid 14 million dollars to cut his hair. He's getting paid 14 million dollars because he's a decent hockey player. And it clearly didn't affect how he played hockey over the past two seasons when he's had dreadlocks, so yes, this is a stupid 'rule' and I would love if a player refused.

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
I don’t think I have ever heard of a player ever refusing to play for the Yankees in the last 50 years because they don’t allow beards or long hair (they do allow mustaches). Some, like a pitcher named John Denny, do because they think it’s a madhouse..and it often is. But too many of the people posting on forums make too much of the Islanders, Yankees and whoever that still has it (Cincinnati Reds dropped theirs).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is really a blanket statement that is not applicable to everybody. It may be fine for Duclair. But the idea that for all people, hair is “just hair” so who cares, why cry about it…that’s a pretty un-empathetic stance on a physical piece of yourself that for many has important connotations about identity and sense of self.
You're a pretty soft person if your hair is that important to you, and you would probably never be an NHL player anyway, because of that softness.

Reactions: Samhockey3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad