Value of: Anthony Cirelli

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The GMs make the deal dude…we’re just spitballing here. Calm down

Buffalo wouldn’t give up that much for Colton. Maybe just the 2nd.
Not sure if you are a Buffalo fan or just your general thought, but when I talked to Sabres fans they seemed on board with that sort of trade

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not sure if you are a Buffalo fan or just your general thought, but when I talked to Sabres fans they seemed on board with that sort of trade
I probably would do it, just don’t think the Sabres GM would. I think they still value Krebs a ton, though I’m not entirely sure he’s earned that.

Yes, they can trade Jeannot, Perbix and Sheary and make the roster work fine with either 21 or 22, depending on what Stamkos signs for and how.much they want to spend on a bottom 6 F piece. They should trade those three for whatever they can get(or add a sweetener perhaps in the case of Sheary) to keep the top 6 as intact as possible. It is preferable to taking scrap offers for thelr 2C.
Then you don’t have enough players for the roster. I guess if you have enough ELC players waiting in the wings it could work.

Reactions: Perratrooper

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Also I'd rather trade Savoie than Kulich but that's just me. I can't see the Lightning taking on Ostlund or Rosén, they're looking for someone more cooked.

Which I guess you could argue that Rosén isn't that far off Kulich. But I think Tampa would be looking for the name recognition.
You are crazy if you’re bringing up Savoie in this trade discussion…also Kulich may be 50/50
To be a 60 pt player but he also will make more than 5mil/year less than cirelli the next 3 years - you can’t discuss the trade or price without accounting for the negative value of an almost 7 mil salary for 7 years for a sub 50 pt player

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
There's some seemingly bad blood between Lindholm and Carolina. Not putting a reuinion out of the question but I don't think we are on his list of desired destinations. But yes, Lindholm playing at his full abilities would be an excellent 2C option. You never know.

Lindholm mocking the storm surge clap a couple years ago seemed to indicate that his time in Carolina wasn't all peaches and cream haha. Time heals all wounds though you never know.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
You are crazy if you’re bringing up Savoie in this trade discussion…also Kulich may be 50/50
To be a 60 pt player but he also will make more than 5mil/year less than cirelli the next 3 years - you can’t discuss the trade or price without accounting for the negative value of an almost 7 mil salary for 7 years for a sub 50 pt player
Savoie has hurt his same shoulder 2 times definitely and possibly 3 times since his draft year, I'm more than willing to put him on the block considering his play style. For me personally it's a concern.

Also Andrew Copp is making 5.65 million, Cirelli is a far superior player at 6.25. He's not that overpaid especially with a rising cap.

Not to mention he does not have trade protection. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend for some Sabres fans that until we are good we are going to be on nearly everyone's no trade lists. Heavily limiting our options on who we can go out and get.

Sabres can make Cirelli work just fine, they'd be spending about 22ish million on their 3 centers. That's absolutely palatable. I don't give a shit about the Sabres cap crunch in 2029 and neither should you if you have any interest in breaking the drought. Good GMs find their way out of it.

Last edited:

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Cirelli has 7 years left at 6.3m. That's big contract for 40 points.

Because there has been 0 evidence of players improving once they got traded or put in another role right? He's signed thru his prime.. 26-33.. Cirelli puts up 10 more points hell even 5 and this contract is fair value.

Anyone who watches TB instead of stat watching like a casual can see the value Cirelli brings

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I probably would do it, just don’t think the Sabres GM would. I think they still value Krebs a ton, though I’m not entirely sure he’s earned that.

Then you don’t have enough players for the roster. I guess if you have enough ELC players waiting in the wings it could work.
Tampa has run 22 quite often the past few years, so it won't be a problem if they have to do so again. It doesn't change the fact that trading Cirelli for scraps isn't happening nor needed.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Tampa does need to trade someone if they sign Stamkos. I’d simply just not sign Stamkos if I were GMJB…that’s the smartest move they can make here.

Thankfully you aren't the GM, they can trade a few other smaller pieces to make ends meet as long as Stamkos is reasonable with his demands.

Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I’m sure you would.

Way too many people in here thinking Cirelli is going to return a package similar to the one that brought ROR to Buffalo. He’s not that good. Not by a long shot.
In your opinion, cool. Thankfully, by all accounts Tampa's management would never value him as low as most of the lowball offers on here.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Tampa has run 22 quite often the past few years, so it won't be a problem if they have to do so again. It doesn't change the fact that trading Cirelli for scraps isn't happening nor needed.
They may need to run 20 next season

Thankfully you aren't the GM, they can trade a few other smaller pieces to make ends meet as long as Stamkos is reasonable with his demands.
What's reasonable? Even if they sign him for $6M, they have to trade away a solid player just to get under the cap...and they still don't have a full roster. I'm just not seeing how the math works but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
They may need to run 20 next season

What's reasonable? Even if they sign him for $6M, they have to trade away a solid player just to get under the cap...and they still don't have a full roster. I'm just not seeing how the math works but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
They can run either 21 or 22 by moving Jeannot, Perbix, and Sheary. They sacrifice some on the amount they can spend on the last couple of F spots, but it is possible. Stamkos may not even come in as high as 6, given how Brisebois has said they still have some room to extend him. They won't be running 20.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Would bolts consider Andrew Copp @50% (3 years left at 2.8M) + a 2nd round pick + young prospect who’s NHL ready like Jonatan Berggren ?

Would allow them to replace Cirelli with another cheaper defensively responsible 3C who can kill PKs for shorter term while also giving a cheap skilled winger and room to sign Stamkos?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Would bolts consider Andrew Copp @50% (3 years left at 2.8M) + a 2nd round pick + young prospect who’s NHL ready like Jonatan Berggren ?

Would allow them to replace Cirelli with another cheaper defensively responsible 3C who can kill PKs for shorter term while also giving a cheap skilled winger and room to sign Stamkos?
They really need to add vomit and/or crying reactions...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I’m sure you would.

Way too many people in here thinking Cirelli is going to return a package similar to the one that brought ROR to Buffalo. He’s not that good. Not by a long shot.
That was 3 players (2 former 1st rounders IIRC), another 1st and a 2nd. I just said 2 prospects, which are not even your best ones.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That was 3 players (2 former 1st rounders IIRC), another 1st and a 2nd. I just said 2 prospects, which are not even your best ones.

It was Zadorov (then one of our top prospects and a recent mid-1st rounder), Compher (a then recent high 2nd coming off a somewhat disappointing college season), and the 31st overall (then the 1st pick of the 2nd round). Grigorenko was already busting and was a throw-in reclamation project. We also got Jamie McGinn from the Avs. Kulich and Ostlund are both much closer in value to what Zadorov was than anything else in that package, and again, Cirelli is no O’Reilly.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It was Zadorov (then one of our top prospects and a recent mid-1st rounder), Compher (a then recent high 2nd coming off a somewhat disappointing college season), and the 31st overall (then the 1st pick of the 2nd round). Grigorenko was already busting and was a throw-in reclamation project. We also got Jamie McGinn from the Avs. Kulich and Ostlund are both much closer in value to what Zadorov was than anything else in that package, and again, Cirelli is no O’Reilly.
Thought you meant the trade with St Louis

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Thought you meant the trade with St Louis

That one isn’t a good comparison anyway because it had nearly perfectly offsetting cap dumps coming to Buffalo. Tampa presumably only moves Cirelli if it clears cap and isn’t going by eat $6m of negative value players.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
I think from Buffalo’s point of view, they would trade Rosen for Cirelli. I think it’s a fair trade for both sides and Rosen is ready to play at NHL level now.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Tampa does need to trade someone if they sign Stamkos. I’d simply just not sign Stamkos if I were GMJB…that’s the smartest move they can make here.
That would be the dumbest thing our GM could do. Stamkos just scored 40 goals (AGAIN), was our best player for the last 3 months (including the playoffs) and showed no sign of slowing.

On the open market he could get 8-9M. He's most likely gonna cut us a deal to stay. Yeah, let's dump that to keep Anthony Cirelli and Connor Sheary.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think from Buffalo’s point of view, they would trade Rosen for Cirelli. I think it’s a fair trade for both sides and Rosen is ready to play at NHL level now.
Rosén is a very under the radar guy who a few of our posters who take in a lot of Rochester games don't think is that far off Kulich. But he's not a sexy name so if we put him out there I assume we'll be accused of trying to sell Tampa junk. Which couldn't be farther from the truth, he's a dark horse to make the team over Kulich.

Last edited:
Reactions: freester

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad